20.

M A T H E W

I smiled when I saw Christine small figure on my couch, she was sleeping like a baby, she pulled herself into a ball probably to prevent herself from the cold. I quickly ran upstairs and got her a huge blanket. I went back down and threw the blanket over her and tucked her in gently. She smiled lightly in her sleep but didn't wake up.

I decided to make us some coffee, I went to the kitchen and put the coffee in the machine and waited for it to be done. While I was waiting, I looked outside the window to find a white blanket has covered my garden. The snow was so high it almost covered half of the window. It was still snowing but slightly lighter. I didn't like the snow that much but now I do, because it made Christine stay here.

She is the only one that ease my mind yet at the same time she makes me crazy. I needed her today to keep my mind off work especially after what happened yesterday.

Some A-hole stole our designs and sell them to other companies. We were supposed to be out with a new collection of furniture this month but now we can't. I pinched my nose and decided to stop thinking about work.

I took two mugs and filled them with coffee and went back to the living room. Christine was awake, she blinked and looked at me.

"Good morning, peaches" I grinned as I entered the living room. I haven't noticed that I called her peaches until I sat down. My eyes widen at the realisation, she probably think I'm some kind of weirdo now. But the name peaches suits her, delicate, sweet and soft.

"Good morning, Mathew." She smiled lightly.

We chatted some more and then her phone and she excused herself and went to the kitchen.

I decided to switch on the TV and see what's happening in the world. I kept jumping from to channel to another and then Christine joined me again. She plopped next to me and sat silently watching TV with me.

There was nothing to do, the snow has blocked most of the roads and I really didn't feel like working today. I wanted to relax and have fun but the weather is preventing me from doing so. I have considered Max suggestion, and I think I'm finally going to take a vacation. Maybe even invite Christine and Max will probably invite Jennifer, I think he genuinely likes her.

I have considered Bora Bora since Max really wants to go there. Max knows his vacation destination so if I want to take a vacation, he is a great consultant.

I looked over at Christine and furrowed my eyebrows when I saw how red her face was, she was blushing like crazy. She is probably hot or she caught a cold or something.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay." She continued to blushed and I frowned in concern.

"Your face is red, are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm good." He answered and I nodded, I wasn't convinced at all but I know if she need something, she would tell me.

We continued to sit in silence until I heard her humming a familiar song. I smiled at her lightly.

"...Oh look at you, walking up and down a pole, I say breathe, stay with me..." I sang the part and chuckled at her facial expression.

"You know the song?" She asked.

"Of course!" I chuckled. She took her phone from the table and typed something and then the song blasted through the phone.

"...Baby got our head down
Baby got our head down to the ground!" She started singing and got up from the couch.

"C'mon Mathew, Dance with me!" She said and I chuckled and got up anyway.

I took her tiny soft hands in mine and she swing to the lightly, she giggles filled the room as I turn her around. I gently pulled her closer to me and I swayed with her. A laugh erupted from my heart, I felt happy for once in a long time. Her beautiful smile was the most attractive thing I saw. Her smile lightened up the whole mood. Her dimples were shown and suddenly, I forgot about the snow, work and my annoying family. I winked at her and she smiled.

"You're quite the dancer." She breathed out as I pull her closer to my chest.

"I know, I had to take lessons for my dad's wedding." I smirked and she chuckled again.

"You're a surprise that keeps on giving." She said. And so was she.

■ ■ ■

The snow hasn't slowed down, it keeps on snowing and it seems like it's going to be like that for quite some time. Christine's smile never left her face, we talked and talked and laughed until our stomach hurts. Lastly, we decided on a movie and Christine is back in the kitchen preparing some snacks.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I checked the caller I.D and sighed. My stepmom was calling and I didn't want to answer because she will probably ruin my mood. I put the phone aside and decided to ignore it.

"Are going to answer that?" Christine voice came from behind me and I sighed. She sat a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and plopped down on the couch next to me.

"No, it's just my stepmom." I replied.

"What if it's an emergency?" She asked again.

"She probably wants to talk to me about work and I really don't want to think about right now." I answered and she nodded. I knew my stepmom, she would never call unless she wants something or if something happened at work. I hear about emergencies from Marie, my dad's housekeeper.

The movie started and Christine looked so into it. While I wasn't really that interested, I just enjoy Christine's company whether we spent doing something or doing nothing at all.

She kept watching until she slowly fell asleep on my shoulder, wrapped in a blanket. And I smiled at her small figure as she snuggled in closer to me. I put my arm around her shoulders and she rested her head on my chest. I rested my head on hers and smelt her strawberry-like scent and I fell asleep as well, to the sound of her breathing and the smell of strawberry and her warm embrace.