19.

Sorry for the late update.

C H R I S T I N E

Remember when I said I love the snow? Well..right now I don't. I'm stuck here with a sleeping Mathew and I feel weird just going around the house looking for blankets. On top of that, the guest room is locked and my only hope is the couch or Mathew's bed but that will never happen.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, I rested a hand on my hip as I stood in the living room glancing around. I couldn't look through his things, I would feel like a burglar. And he has a lot of drawers to go through, it would probably take all night to find a blanket.

I was getting more tired and sleepy each minute but all I could do was stare at the empty living room. I mean I could sleep without a blanket, it's not like it's minus 20 out there. I rolled my eyes at myself.

I have two options:

1) jump on bed and sleep next to Mathew.

2) wake him up so he could give me a blanket or unlock the guest room.

But I was doing neither of these things, I laid down on the cough and let my tiredness knock me out. Although I kept shivering, I slept well.

The next morning when I woke up, I felt warm and comfortable. I slowly opened my eyes and set up to see that a huge blanket has been wrapped around me. I smiled lightly at the gesture.

"Good morning, peaches." I heard Mathew says as he entered the living room. He seems to be in a much better mood than last night. And what's up with the name 'peaches'? That is the second time he calls me that.

"Good morning, Mathew." I hoped I didn't look that terrible.

He placed a coffee mug on the coffee table and plopped on the armchair next to me.

"What kept you here? The snow?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah..I closed the company for today, most of the roads are blocked." He added.

"Yeah, it was snowing pretty hard yesterday." I said.

I excused myself and went to the bathroom to wash my face, I washed my face and saw a new still-in-the-package toothbrush and I decided to use it. I brushed my teeth and ran my hand through my hair to tame it a little then I went back to the living room.

I plopped on the couch and held the coffee mug in my hands, I took a sip and sighed. It's so good.

"Enjoying the coffee?" Mathew asked.

"Yes." I chuckled and he grinned.

"How are you feeling today?" I asked.

"Better, thanks." He smiled a little.

Suddenly my ring tone caught us off, I looked at the caller ID and my eyes widen. I forgot to call my mom! I answered and waited for her to start yelling.

"Young lady!! Where have you been? And why didn't you answer my calls or call me back?" She yelled and I flinched at her sound.

"Hello mom, sorry about that." I said but before I continued talking, I excused myself and went to the kitchen.

"I'm at Mathew's and I was asleep, I was tired and I forgot to call you." I replied.

"Honey, you scared me." My mom sighed and I felt the guilt weighting me down.

"I'm really sorry I should have called." I said.

"You should have, but it's okay. I know you're safe." I smiled at how quickly mom forgave me.

She told me to take care and then I said my goodbyes before I hanged up and went back to the living room. Mathew was quiet, he sat there watching the news while I sat on the couch drinking the coffee he had made me.

"You need anything?" He asked.

"No, thank you." I smiled at him.

He seemed relaxed, he had a small grin on his face and his features were relaxed and I just want to stare at him forever. His brown hair was a mess which made him more attractive, he was in a gray sweatpants and a maroon sweater. He looked so handsome, I just wanted to touch him.

Suddenly, I realised what I was thinking about and I shook my head slightly, I could feel the heat rush to my face and I cleared my throat.

"Are you okay?" Mathew furrowed his brows in concern.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I smiled and kept blushing, I probably look like a tomato right now.

"Your face is red, are you sure you're okay?" He asked again and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good." He didn't look convinced but he stopped asking questions. I calmed myself down and smiled lightly.

I'm such an awkward person sometimes that's it is physically painful.

I was getting bored and Mathew doesn't seem interested in anything that was shown on the TV, he kept switching from a channel to another.

Subconsciously, I started humming one of my favorite songs bad habits by the kooks and I started tapping with my feet.

"....Oh look at you, walking up and down a pole, I say breathe, stay with me...." My eyes widen when I heard Mathew's voice singing next to me.

"You know the song?" I asked.

"Of course!" He chuckled lightly and I smiled. I took my phone from the table and opened the music app and put on the song.

"Baby got our head down!
Baby got our head down to the ground..." I stared singing with the singer and I got up and laughed.

"Come on, Mathew! Dance with me!" I said and he chuckled but got up anyway.

He took my hands in his and started pushing me around and spinning me, he pulled me closer to his chest and started singing. We sounded horrible but we were having fun and I didn't care and I don't think he did either. I moved my hips with the beats and laughed as Mathew span me around.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and smiled at him.

"You're a natural." I chuckled.

"I try." He winked, and I swear in this moment I nearly fainted.