10.

M A T H E W

As soon as I heard they are coming, I wanted to bury myself six feet under the ground. My dad isn't the problem neither is Max nor his mother. The problem is My step mother and her daughter. They ruin every family reunion. They keep throwing comments here and there and judging every single move you make. They are like the old neighbours who keep watching you and judging you.

Every time she comes, she asks me about my love life and how I should get married and shït like that. She acts like she care about us but deep down she only married dad for his money and my poor dad fell hard for her. She ruined everything. She was the reason behind the death of one of the most important people in my life. I would never forgive her for that.

I was worried about Christine, Lisa and Olivia will probably throw hurtful comments at her. But I feel like she is capable of standing up for herself after all, she teased me.

Honestly, at first I was beyond mad but after seeing her panicked expression I calmed down. And then she had to go and ask if I was joking, I just couldn't stay mad at her. Like I said before she is something else.

I feel bad that I hired her, she has to cook all day and then come at my place and cook for me all night. She doesn't seem to mind, though.

I looked out the window and sighed, I have been sitting on my desk for hours and I have grown used to it, I don't mind it anymore. I used to hate sitting here, I used to hate working, I used to be like Max. Fun and sociable. Now I am like a fifty years old man who never got married or had kids. Alone and miserable.

I have a huge family and they are supporters but I still feel lonely, I still feel sad and I always felt guilty about it. Why would I feel sad?! I don't have the right to. I am Millionaire who might have lost a few family members but I still have my family, I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach -heck! I even hired a Fücking cook- so why would I feel sad? I have money that I can travel the world with, yet here I am feeling helpless. Some people don't have houses or food or clothes yet I complain that I am sad. I feel this right has been taken from me. I have prevented myself from feeling it.

I shook my head and turned back to the laptop and started typing some E-mails.

The mind is black hole and I don't like getting stuck there nor do I like my depressing, useless thoughts.

"Man, you so need to get laid" I heard Max's voice and sighed.

"How many times have I told you to knock?" I asked.

"More than I can count" He grinned like the idiot he is.

"When was the last time you had sex?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"None of your business" I answered.

"Six months? A year?" He scratched his chin, pretending to think.

"Are you coming today?" I asked.

"Of course I'm coming, I won't leave you alone with the evil witches." He took a seat in front of me.

"Is Christine cooking today?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well...that's gonna be fun" he replied sarcastically.

"I forgot to mention....she teased me."

■■■

"Good luck, sir" Ryan said.

"Thanks, I'm gonna need it" I nodded at him and walked to the front door.

I unlocked the front door and headed straight to my bedroom, I took off my suit and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.