9.

C H R I S T I N E

I rode in the back seat while Ryan drove us to Mathew's mansion. Although I have came here a lot, I still get awestruck by it.
The mansion is huge and I have only seen three rooms -the kitchen, living room and Mathew's office. I haven't had time to look around and why would I anyway?

Well...I am curious but it just a house. But what if there is a secret room somewhere? Would it have sexy stuff or dangerous stuff? I think neither. I think he would secretly have video games and teddy bears.

Although I would enjoy the sexy stuff way better. I shook my head to get this weird thoughts out of my mind.

The car stopped and Ryan rushed to open the door for me. I thanked him before walking to the front door.

I knocked a few times but nobody answered. So I decided to check if it was locked or not.

Fortunately, it was not locked but it has gotten me a little shaky. What if someone other than Matthew was inside?! I opened the door slowly then I walked quietly around.

I was definitely shaken up about the idea. But I have to woman up and protect myself, I didn't take self defense classes for nothing and also I have a teaser. I reached in my purse and got the teaser out and held it tightly in my hand.

"Matthew" I whispered-yelled.

Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed my shoulder and I quickly closed my eyes and turned around and teased the guy.

"Ahhhh!! Christine!! It's me, Mathew" I heard Mathew's voice and I opened my eyes.

"Oh God!!! I have just teased my boss!!" I exclaimed and grabbed his shoulders.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"You teased me!!" He exclaimed.

"I'm sorry!" I replied.

"You teased me!!" He cried. I'm so getting fired after this.

"I said I'm sorry!! I thought you were a thief." I whispered the last part because it sounded plain stupid. And he scowled at me.

"Are you okay?" I looked him in the eyes, still grabbing his shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm just shocked" He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Was that a pun?" I asked.

"What?!....Oh...I get it" he chuckled.

"Consider it whatever you want" He winked and I laughed.

"You're something else, Christine Adams" He said and I smiled.

"I better get going, the beef isn't gonna roast itself." I said after a few moments of staring at his brown orbs.

"Would like to join me?!" I asked.

"Yeah, why not?" He smiled.

We walked together to the kitchen and he sit on the one of the tall stools while I went to get the ingredients out of the fridge.

"How long have been cooking?" He asked.

"Since I was young. My mom used to cook wonderfully and she taught me." I answered and from the corner of my eye I saw him nodding.

I looked up at the top shelf and sighed, I am going to embarrass myself again in front of him. I got on my tip toes and slightly jumped but I didn't reach the can.
I sighed again.

"Need help?!" I can imagine him smirking.

"Nope, I'm managing fine on my own" I answered but that was a total lie.

This time, I jumped higher but still couldn't reach it. So I continued to jump like a monkey.

"You know, it's fun watching you jump like that but I'm a gentleman and I'm gonna help you." I could feel his presence behind and I caught my breath.

His chest was so close to mine and his amazing scent consumed me. I closed my eyes and inhaled. The close proximity was driving me crazy. Could he reach the can any slower?!

"Here you go" I turned around and took the can from his hand.

"Thanks" I whispered while the heat spared on my face.

He took a step backward then he went back to his stool. I cleared my throat and went back to cooking.

I tried focusing on cooking only but it was hard enough with his eyes following me everywhere. But I shouldn't care anyway, he's my boss and I'm his employee. I only cook for him and it would be weird and wrong to date him or to develop feelings for him. Why would he like me? I'm just an average girl whose happened to cook for him at midnight. And we talk occasionally about normal stuff.

Suddenly a ring tone brought me back to life and I looked at Mathew. He answered and excused himself and went upstairs.

After awhile he came back downstairs looking annoyed and ready to hit someone.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I need you to come tomorrow....if you can." He said.

"May I ask why do you need me?!" I asked.

"My family has invited themselves to dinner and I need you to prepare the biggest meal you can make." He answered.

"Okay...I'll talk to Catherine." I smiled.

"Thank you, you always save me." He grinned.

"You're welcome" I chuckled.

I went back to cooking and he went back to his office.

I guess I am going to meet the McKellen family. I don't really watch the news or surface the Web that much so I know nothing about them. It's probably for the best because I don't want to judge them based on what the news say about them. They said Mathew is your typical millionaire but in my opinion he is far from typical.