Chapter 11-Sanity

• مهداة إلى Libby

AUTHORS NOTE- I know it took me forever to update and I'm REALLY sorry!!! As always thanks to KneelForYourKing, Lady Laufeyson, Agent Marvel and Scarlet Ink any anyone else who read, voted or commented. To Brina, Abby, Sarah and Elizabeth- hope you guys liked your lines :)

LOKI POV

I awoke with my heart beating right out of my chest, breathing like I had just run a marathon. I looked around, trying to see what had awoken me. Nothing was there and all was silent except for my labored breathing. I put my face into my hands, trying to remember. It suddenly came to me.

A scream.

Her scream.

I could have sworn that I heard her, as if she were right next to me. She sounded so pained, so desperate. Was it real? Or was it just my panicked imagination?

I looked out of the window leading to my own balcony and saw the faint glow of sunrise on the horizon. I knew sleep would not come to me anymore so I got up and changed into a simple green shirt and black pants. I walked out on to my balcony and took in the view. My thoughts once again drifted to Jang. Was she alright? Is she alive?

I thought back to our time together on Midgard. I remembered how she would always be singing, how she always had a clever remark to fire right back at me. How she would never back down from any challenge. She was a tough one, for sure. But she also had a sensitive side, a side not many people got to see. Jang had locked up her emotions so only people she choose to show could see them.

She let me see and for that, I was grateful.

A little while later, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, not turning away from the balcony.

"Hey Loki. Come on, we're having a strategy meeting." I turned and saw Sarah leaning against the doorway.

I smirked. "You know, it isn't ladylike for a woman to enter a mans chambers."

She smiled and scoffed. "Who said I was ladylike?"

I chuckled and closed the door behind me. We walked down the halls in silence, both of us lost in thought. We reached the room and I opened the door to see Thor, Abby, Sabrina and Elizabeth standing around a circular table, maps of all the nine realms spread across it with notes scribbled on all of them.

Sarah spoke up. "So, what'd we miss?"

"Nothing much. We were waiting for you guys to get back." Elizabeth said, not looking up from the maps.

"Ok so now that you here, first things first. We need to figure out who our allies are. Who do we have here on Asgard that can help us?" Sabrina said, looking around the table at all of us.

"Well, as father said, he won't be of much assistance. But Heimdall is still looking. If he sees anything, I've ordered him to tell us right away. We also have the finest Asgardian soldiers searching for any sign of them now." Thor said.

Abby nodded. "Ok so Odin is a maybe. Heimdall definitely. And of course the soldiers. Who else?"

I had a sudden idea. "Hel!"

Elizabeth looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Excuse you?"

"No, no-my daughter Hel."

"Ah right. The zombie princess of the dead." Sarah snickered.

I looked at her, anger and annoyance building. "You would do well not to call my daughter a 'zombie.'"

She winced. "Sorry. So how could she help?"