Chapter 16 - Waiting For Death

AUTHORS NOTE- I FINALLY UPDATED!!!!! It took forever, I know and I am sorry! But I have a whole bunch of stuff at school to take care of so updates won't be once a week like they used too. Sorry again!! Thanks to everyone who voted or commented! I LOVE getting feed back from you guys! And +2.2k reads, good lord...

Special Thanks this time to Abby and Sabrina for distracting me with ideas during Spanish class :)

JANG POV

"So, how are we going to do this?" Sarah asked.

I pondered her question but my thoughts were kind of scattered at the moment. I had been rescued from a evil, demonic kidnapper, traveled through some type of portal, had one of my best friends abandon me, and now I was on a horse, about to ride into what could be my impending doom.

Oh joy.

"Try and split up?" Elizabeth suggested.

"What you mean ride straight through and go in different directions? Try and separate the forces?" Abby questioned.

"That won't work. They'll just pick us off one by one."

Loki cleared his throat. "We'll just have to ride in formation and hope for the best. Sarah to my left, Abby to the right and Elizabeth in the front. We'll both stay in the middle. We need to get Jang to the palace healers quickly."

Now that I couldn't argue. I was still getting weaker.

Now, if I were some super brave idiot, I would have said something like 'oh, it'll be easy!' or 'piece of cake.'

But I'm not super brave. In fact, I had never been more scared than I was right now.

But I wasn't scared for me. If I died, they would grieve but they would get over it and move on. If one of them died, I don't think I could ever forgive myself.

Yet here I was. The cause of all of the destruction and death surrounding us. And there was nothing I could do about it.

Oh joy.

I held on the Loki a little bit tighter as he took a deep breath and grabbed the reigns. No turning back now. We got in formation and started to gallop into the battle. At first I had hoped only a few would see us.

Idiot.

We were quickly being followed as we neared the palace steps. Arrows were fired yet none seemed to ever hit us and I didn't know why.

I found out quickly.

Instead of aiming for us, they were aiming for the horses. Sarah went down first. Elizabeth was next. I panicked and looked behind me to try and find them, but it was impossible. We were moving too fast.

We were so close to the palace when I saw an archer on the palace steps, aiming for me. He released the arrow and I suddenly knew it would find its mark. It was as if time slowed down and I saw the arrow coming to seal my fate, inch by inch.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to see it, when I felt a hand push me off my horse. I went flying one way, further from the palace and I caught a glimpse of Loki going closer towards the palace. Something or someone had pushed him off too.

I crashed into the ground and I couldn't get up. Every part of my body was screaming and I could do anything! I doubled over as the pain intensified out of nowhere.

I looked up from the ground and saw the man himself looming over me.

I gave a weak laugh, it sounded pitiful even to me.

"Ya know, I really do hate you." I said, not wanting to look into his eyes.

"Oh I know." I could just see his menacing smile. I felt a horrible pain in my stomach and groaned. He had kicked me!

He began attacking me and I was helpless. I thought about using my magic to stop him but that was just stupid. So I tried to focus on healing myself first.

Needless to say, it didn't work.

My life source was draining and I knew I couldn't last much longer.

I closed my eyes and braced myself for the attacks but none came. I risked opening then to see a terrifying sight.

The only reason a predator would change targets is because he found something better. He found something better.

Thanos had a hand around Loki's neck and was literally squeezing the life out of him. Loki must've come closer to try and help me. He really was an idiot sometimes.

But I realized that all Thanos really wanted was Loki. I was just a bait for Loki to take.

Well I, for one, have had enough.

I would not stay on the ground in a crumpled heap as the one person I loved was being killed. I would not give Thanos the satisfaction.

With all the strength I had, I tapped into my life force and created a ball of purple flames, stronger than any I had ever made.

I slowly stood, and took careful aim. I only had one shot.

I aimed straight for the heart.

I threw it and promptly collapsed. I knew I would hit my target. I fought of the black starting to enclose my vision.

I saw the ball of flames hit Thanos square on the chest. His face turned from one of triumph to one of terror. His mouth was open in a scream, yet now sound came out. He slowly began to dissolve into dust before he disappeared quickly.

Loki fell to the ground and began coughing, trying to catch his breath. He was alive. I smiled for the first, and possibly last time that day.

I lay still on the ground before he ran over to me, carefully lifting my head. He was bruised and cut but otherwise looked alright.

"Oh no no no no! You fool! What did you do?!" He looked to be on the verge of tears.

I weakly smiled. "Who you calling a fool? I saved your life."

He just shook his head. "It doesn't matter. Lets just get you to the healers. You'll be fine." He sounded as though he were trying to reassure himself more than me.

He tried to pull me to my feet but I just fell into his arms again, back on the ground, pain racking my body. The black on the edges of my vision were returning.

I slowly shook my head. "Just stop, Loki. It's too late. I'm beaten."

"No, no you're not!"

I smiled again. "You need to know when you are beaten." I took a shaky breath, knowing it would be one of my last.

Tears were in his eyes now. He pulled me close until his forehead was touching mine.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."

I closed my eyes, and waited for death to take me.

AUTHORS NOTE- CLIFFHANGER! Anyway, please go look at my profile and check out my Story Queue! It has my ideas for unpublished stories and I really wan to hear what you guys think!!

Don't forget to vote and comment!! (Sorry for such a short chapter)