Chapter 8-Secrets

AUTHORS NOTE-AHHHH!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!! 200+ reads overnight!!!!! I can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!

LOKI POV

I woke up smiling like a fool. Jang had said yes! She said yes! I listened for a minute, surprised by the silence. Usually when Jang was awake, she was either singing or playing some type of music. It was actually pleasant to wake up too. I rolled out of bed and walked to the kitchen. I decided to make some breakfast for her. I started to make some toast for her, glad she had taught me how to use Midgardian 'technology.' I set her food on the table and I walked out on her balcony. I looked around. She really did live in a beautiful place. There were meadows of flowers surrounding her house.

A pair of hands covered my eyes and I heard her voice say "Guess who?"

I chuckled. "Well let me guess. Sif? Abby? Sabrina? Sarah? Elizabeth? Oh I know! Fandral! It's Fandral, right?"

She sighed with exasperation as she uncovered her hands. She looked up at me as I put an arm around her. "You really are impossible, Loki. "

"Well, the Jang I know wouldn't hide her beauty from me. " She blushed and looked absolutely adorable.

"You know, you really are cute when your embarrassed, darling. "

"Oh, stop it. Did you eat yet?"

I shook my head. "Wasn't hungry. "

"Great! Now go get dressed, I have a surprise."

JANG POV

I threw on a light blue tank top and some short shorts and walked back outside where Loki was. I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and I caught him staring at my legs.

"Uh Loki? My eyes are up here ya know."

His cheeks burned red. "Sorry. "

I laughed and grabbed his hand. I closed my eyes and envisioned the place I wanted to go. When I opened my eyes again, we were there. We were standing on a very large tree branch that overlooked a little lake with a waterfall on the other end.

"It's beautiful, Jang! But why did you being me here?"

We sat down against the tree trunk and Loki put his arm around me.

I smiled. "Because I only show this place to people I care about alot. And your one of those people. "

He looked down at me with eyes that I could get lost in.

"Thank you. For loving me." He said.

I leaned in closer to him. "Thank you for loving me back. " He leaned in slowly until our lips met. He was being so sweet and gentle, and I loved him even more for that. We pulled away for air and just sat with our backs against the tree. It was an amazing moment but something felt, off. I looked around, trying to see if anything was here with us.

"What is it, love?"

"I don't know. Something's not right." I jumped off the branch and landed on the ground 20 feet below. Loki did the same and was there with his arm around me once again.

"Love, are you alright?"

Right before I could answer, I saw a glint of metal flying straight for the stop above Loki's head. I plucked it out of the air. I turned it over in my hands. It was a small throwing knife. Instantly I knew who was here.

I sighed. "Abby, get out here!"

She jumped from a shorter tree not too far away and walked to us.