Chapter 12- Where Are You?

AUTHORS NOTE- Please read this! So I know I said I was going to put this on hold but I couldn't take not updating. Anyway so I'm planning on updating once every couple of weeks and we'll see how that plays out. This is a pretty short chapter compared to the rest of them so I apologize in advance. And thank you guys a bunch for getting the story over 680 reads!!
Special thanks as always to KneelForYourKing, Lady Laufeyson, Agent Marvel, ScarletInk, Sabrina, Elizabeth, Sarah, Abby and Libby!!!

JANG POV

I was lost. Conflicted. Confused.

I didn't know what was real and what was fake anymore. How long has it been? How much longer will this go on? Is anyone even looking for me?

I sat against the cell wall, not moving, just trying to sort all the thoughts in my head. It was nearly impossible to distinguish my own thoughts from thoughts induced by Thanos.

I looked down and saw all the wounds on my body, some scarred and healing, others still fresh. I had long since given up trying to heal them. It did little good and only drained me even further. Only brought me closer to the abyss of death.

Would death be escape? Could I escape this horrid life? I groaned and clutched my head, trying to think of something, anything to get rid of all these thoughts.

I thought of my home. My friends. My brief happiness quickly turned to rage.
Where were they? Did they even care?

And Loki. He claimed to love me, said he would do anything for me. Was it nothing but one of his lies? He was a god after all. He could have any woman or goddess he wanted.

But it seemed so real.

A mixture of rage and sadness boiled up inside me until I could take it no longer. I unleashed a scream, not caring if Thanos heard or not. My scream of rage quickly turned into one of agony as the visions began once more.

LOKI POV

Three weeks.

Three terrible and agonizing weeks.

There was still no sign of Jang.

I had spent countless hours trying to find her. I had used almost every spell I thought of. I tried sending messages mentally, hoping, praying, begging for an answer.

I hadn't got one yet.

When I first arrived at the palace, I tried to be kind to everyone, as Jang tried to be. Word spread quickly about my return and about the search for a mysterious Midgardian mortal. But as the days wore on, I began slipping into my old habits. I was becoming cold and remote once more, and I couldn't do anything about it.

I thought back to the days my children arrived and allowed myself a brief moment of happiness. It was a few days after our strategy meeting. I hadn't left the palace yet, in fear of both the villagers and Odin.

I was trying to contain my anger that day. Odin forced me to ride through the village with Thor and the girls to show my humility and regret for my actions, which I truly did. But it kept me from searching for Jang.

As I rode, I looked around at the villagers. Most accepted me once again, which surprised me. But there were still those who whispered among themselves in the crowd. Those who would love to see me be executed.

I was in my study with books stacked all around me later that same day. I was looking through them and pacing when I heard the door open.

"I do not want to be disturbed." I growled, not bothering to turn around.

"Well, hello to you to father." A female voice said jokingly.

I turned and smiled brightly. Standing in the doorway were four figures. The largest was Slepnir. He looked strong and healthy, his grey coat and black mane shining. Next to him was Fenrir, the wolf. He looked tried but still happy. Riding on top of Slepnir was Hel. She was a bit... different from my other children.

On one half of her body, she really was quite beautiful. She had pure white, wispy hair and eyes dark as night. The other half, the non living half looked...relatively the same. But it was translucent, like a shimmering ghost. If you looked closely enough, you could see a faint outline of a skeleton underneath.

Coiled in her hand was Jormugand, a green snake in his smaller form.

I walked over to them and gave each one a hug.

I looked at Hel and saw concern in her eyes. "How are you?" She asked, sounding worried.

"Better, now that you've arrived. It's lovely to see you all again. Now come. There are some people I want you to meet."

My thoughts were scattered once more when I heard her scream again. This had been occurring more and more. I would hear Jangs screams but I had told no one. It only made me work harder in trying to find her. I shivered in fear at the sound. Then I made a vow to myself.

When I find Thanos, I will make sure he pays for all his wrong doings. I will make him pay for hurting Jang.
He will pay with his life.

PLEASE vote and comment if you liked it!!!
(Just as an FYI, Jang and Lokis ship name is Joki. I ship my own creation, pitiful I know)