Chapter 20- A Talk With the King

AUTHORS NOTE- It's short, I know. But its almost time for summer break so I'll update a lot more then.

JANG POV

I knew trying to sleep now would be pointless, I was just too restless. I did not know why though. I roamed aimlessly through the palace, not really going to one particular spot. I somehow ended up in the gardens.

I kept walking until I found a stone bench for me to sit on. It was a little higher than the rest of the garden so it gave me a spectacular view. Even in the moonlight, I could see how bright the flowers were. Blooming in every possible shade of every possible color.

I closed my eyes and just breathed in the feeling of complete calm. I had not felt so relaxed in a while. However, the moment was to be short lived.

"Dressed for an occasion?" A gruff voice asked me. Even though it was very faint, there was an underlying tone of amusement somewhere in there.

"Maybe a bit." I answered. "Care to join me, Odin?"

He sat down next to me chuckling. "How amusing. You still do not refer to me by my proper title."

"Well can you blame me. 'Allfather.' Please."

He was silent for a moment. "I presume you will be present daring the trial tomorrow?"

"Of course." I said, surprised at his question. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I think the question I should be asking is why would you be?" he looked at me, accusation clear in his voice.

"What are you asking me?" I said, not even trying to cover my suspicion.

"Why are you romantically involved with the prisoner?"

I stared at him, bewildered. "If I recall, you were the one who asked me to watch him. And the prisoner? Is that what you're calling him?!"

"Precisely. I asked you to watch him, that was all. What else are you playing at? And that is what he is to be called." Odin said, anger now clear in his voice.

"Nothing! And he is your son, he has a name!" I practically shrieked.

"He is no longer my son!" Odin cried, standing up. "He is a traitor to all of Asgard!"

I just scoffed. "My gods." I paused. "You are a horrible father."

"What?! How dare you-"

I cut him off before he could finish. "No. How dare you. You dared to claim that you loved Thor and Loki equally when you clearly favored Thor. You then became surprised when the child you clearly favored became arrogant and pig-headed, while the child you neglected became power-hungry and suicidal!" I took a breath.

"You may be a great leader, but you truly are a horrible parent."

He turned absolutely red at this point. "Have care how you speak. During the proceedings tomorrow, I will control what happens to the prisoner." He hissed.

I said nothing, knowing all too well what he said was true.

"I control your fate and his."

"Be that as it may, but that does not change the fact that he will not be found guilty tomorrow." I countered.

"We shall see. Just remember. I am fully aware that you have different intentions. You do not truly love him. How could you?" He stood and walked away as if nothing had happened.

I just stood there, feeling as if I had been slapped.