Chapter 19- Visiting the Prisoner

JANG POV

After the funeral, I wandered the hallways of the palace, no set destination in mind. After arguring with the healers, they finally let me have my own room. Right next to Loki's, of course. But I didn't want to go there, or anywhere for that matter. I just wanted to escape.

I heard loud footsteps behind me and saw Thor. He walked with his hands behind his back and his head hung low. I knew he and Sabrina were close. Instead of his typical red cape, he wore a black one instead.

"Hello Thor." I said softly.

He looked up at me with a sad smile and tears in his eyes.

"Hello. How are you dealing with...all of this?" His voice sounded very hollow.

I smiled at his concern. "I'm fine Thor. But what about you?"

He immediatley straightened up a bit and tried to cover up his emotions. Much like his brother, I thought.

"I will be just fine." His voice broke at the end.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked. I was beginning to feel guilty. As much as I wanted to deny it, Sabrinas death was my fault.

"No. Well, actually yes."

"What is it?"

"Tonight, at the midnight hour, I need you to be ready to leave. And dress nicely. We're going to suprise someone."

"Oh?" I asked. What on Earth could he have planned?

"Thor." I said, warning in my voice. "What are you up too?"

He gave me a genuine smile this time. "Just be ready." He turned as if to leave but he stopped halfway. "Oh I forgot." He turns towards me again and brought his hands from behind his back. He shoved something into my arms and I grabbed it before it could hit the ground. In my hands, there was a small white teddy bear with a purple ribbon tied around its neck.

"She had it made for you. It was a welcome home gift." He said softly.

I put a hand over my mouth, unable to say anything because I was holding back sobs.

He gave me a small hug and held me at an arms distance.

"Welcome home, Jang." And with that he turned and walked away.

I turned and ran to my room, gasping the entire way. I slammed the door behind me and I staggered to the edge of my bed. I grabbed on to the bedpost and looked around the room. It was decorated in purple and gold all around. A huge bed sat in the middle with a library, a study and a bathroom not that far away.

I stared at the floor and gripped the post harder. I heard the sound of metal bending. I looked up and saw that my hand had bent the metal. I gasped and tore my hand away. In its place was a hand shaped print. I stared at my hand in disbelief. How did I do that? I knew I was strong but not to this degree.

I lay down on the bed and willed the flames to come again. I watched as the tiny flames danced across my palm. They were much brighter than usual. I closed my palms, effectively putting the fires out.

I just laid there, staring at the bear on my bedside table. It was but a mere child's plaything! Yet I knew it would haunt me for the rest of my life. A welcoming present for me, from a close friend who wasn't here to give it.

After tossing and turning for hours on end, I gave up on sleep. I was too much of a coward to face what I would see whenever I closed my eyes. I walked over to the small balcony I had and stepped out into the night air. I breathed in deeply, calming myself a little.

I never truly got a change to appreciate the beauty of Asgard. From here, I could far beyond the villages and see the Bifrost in the distance. It was so quiet, so peaceful. It made me miss home.

Home. I suppose my cabin and my woods were the cloest thing I had ever had to one. But now I longed to be back on Earth, where I belonged, a least a little bit.

I just wanted to go home.

By now, it was close to midnight so I walked back inside to my wardrobe. It was filled with different dresses and tunics, designed especially for me. I picked out a lilac colored dress that didn't look too fancy but didn't look bad either.

I began to take my shirt off when I felt something get tangled up. I looked down and saw a golden necklace with a replica of Loki's helmet around my neck. Was this why I was stronger? Had Loki created this and given it to me?

I ignored it for now and slipped the dress on. I heard a quiet knock on the door and I quickly walked over. Thor stood outside but he was looking around, as if someone would catch us both at any moment.

"Thor, where are we going?" I asked as he pulled me into the hallway. He didn't answer me as he lead me down multiple stairwells and corridors.

We finally reached two giant, heavy doors. Thor pushed them open and I saw that there was a single hallway with a see-through cell at the end. In the cell, sat Loki, slumped aginst the glass, fast asleep.

I turned to Thor, realizing what he had done. "How did you arange this Thor?" I questioned.

He smiled. "Being heir to the throne does have its advantages. Can you find your way back?"

I nodded.

"Good. I'll leave you two alone." He left and closed the doors behind him.

I slowly walked over to the cell and crouched down so that I was level with Loki.

"Loki. Loki. Wake up." I said, mimicking Thor's voice perfectly.

"Ugh, go away Thor. I don't want to hear anymore stories." He mumbled, still half asleep.

I chuckled. "Wake up, idiot." I said in my normal voice.

Hearing me, he jupmed up and hit his head on the glass. He was rubbing his head as I started giggling. He looked over me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He hissed.

I faked a look of hurt. "So you don't want my company?" I teased.

"No! I just wasn't..." he trailed off.

"Wasn't what?"

He looked up at me. "I wasn't expecting you to visit."

"Loki, why would I if I had the chance?"

He paused. "Because of what I did to you." He mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing. You're OK, then?" He asked.

"That's a stupid question." I answered.

He gave a small smile. He paused before continuing to talk. "Will you be at the trial tomorrow?"

"Of course. Someone has to protect your weak butt."

"Who said I'm weak?" He challenged.

"Me. Now shut up."

"That's not very nice."

"I never said I was nice. Now, I have something to ask you. Since I've woken up, I've gotten a lot stronger. And I think it has to do with this." I gestured to the necklace. "Did you do this?"

He hesitated before ansering. "Yes." I waited for him to continued but he didn't.

I was about to question him again when the doors behind us opened. A gaurd walked in and I quickly turned invisible and pressed myself against the wall.

"Who were you talking to?!" The guard questioned.

Loki put on a mask of indifference. "To myself. It gets awful boring in here."

In my head I heard Loki talking to me. "Go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"OK." I replied.

I managed to sneak by the guard and walk to the doors without him noticing.

I looked back just once more before turning to leave.