Chapter 18- It All Ended With An Arrow

AUTHORS NOTE- Hey everyone...so this one's short...like really short, and I apologize. The next one should be a lot longer so just wait a little bit longer. (Just for reference, this chapter is based off of the funeral in Thor: The Dark World)

And I can't thank everyone I would like to right now but I just want to say thanks to everyone who voted and commented. It makes me feel great to know that people actually enjoy reading what I write and just wanted to thank you guys for all of your kind words!!!!

JANG POV

I woke up in some sort of healing room, not having an clue how or why I was there.

And as if that weren't enough, everything. Freaking. Hurt.

Not a great start.

I looked around and saw Sarah, Abby and Elizabeth sprawled around the room on the floor. They all had cuts and bruises but other than that, they looked fine.

I tried to talk but all that came out was this awful croaking sound. It managed to wake up Sarah at least.

She jumped up and ran to the others. "Hey! Get up! She's awake!"

They all walked over to where I was. I gestured to the cup of water on my bedside and Sarah handed me the cup. I took a drink and set it back down. My entire body felt sore. Really, really sore.

At least I wasn't dead.

"You OK?" Abby asked.

"Define OK." I said. "What happened?"

"Uh, you saved all of us, almost died, came back to life and well, here we are. You've been out for about three days." Elizabeth said. "Don't ever scare us like that again, or else I will personally kill you, resurrect you, and kill you again."

I noticed a small golden chain around my neck that had a miniature version of Loki's helmet on it. I smiled. "Where is he?"

There was a short pause before Sarah spoke again. "The dungeons. His trial is in a week, right after the f-" She cut herself off before she could finish.

That's when I noticed the red eyes they all had.

Red from crying.

"What happened?' I asked, struggling to keep my breathing even.

Abby took a deep breath. "They found Sabrina close to the palace a few days ago. Arrow to the heart, no suffering." She spoke in a voice that was barley audible.

"What?" I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't. Sabrina had ridden off, somewhere far away from danger.

Somewhere far away from me.

"You don't get it do you?" Abby asked, anger obvious in her voice. "Sabrina came back and died. And it's all. Your. Fault!" She screamed at me.

I lunged at her, screaming myself. "No! NO! Take it back! I didn't do it! I didn't mean to!" I felt Elizabeth holding me down on the bed while Sarah kept Abby away from me.

Sarah dragged Abby to the door and poked her head out. "We need some help over here!"

I was still fighting against Elizabeth, and I wasn't sure why.

I wanted to run away.

Away from this place.

Away from these people.

Away from the truth.

Because the truth was, I had ended up getting one of my best friends killed.

It was all my fault.

As I realized this, I stopped fighting and began to sob. I felt a prick in my arm and darkness came once again.

I woke up again later to see everyone in the room again. Sunlight was streaming in so I figured it was in the morning.

Abby was right next to me and I looked at her. "I'm sorry." I whispered, tears threatening to spill over.

She just looked at me. "Me too."

"When is the funeral?" I asked softly, startling everyone.

Sarah looked up at me. "Tonight." She said.

Elizabeth started to tell me what would happen. When she told me about what I would have to do, I broke down. I just couldn't take it.

But I knew it was something I had to do.

The healers didn't think I would be able to walk or stand for very long but I ignored them. Seeing it was hopeless to argue with me, they reluctantly agreed to let me stand and walk on my own. I was dressed in a simple black dress and I would have given anything to not have to wear it.

Sarah, Elizabeth, Abby and I walked behind Odin during to funeral. We stood behind him as the boats of everyone who had died were launched. Sabrina was in front of the rest of the boats, per our request.

I watched as I saw villagers, soldiers, good people who had done nothing to deserve this.

I could help but think that I had personally brought death to their doorstep.

When Odin banged his staff on the ground, a little piece of me broke. I knew what I had to do. I held back my tears the best I could and stepped forward. I took the bow with the single , flaming arrow in my hands.

I closed my eyes and pulled back the arrow. I couldn't watch.

I fired the arrow, knowing all too well that my aim would be true.