Chapter 2

??? Pov
Slamming my house door open then closing and locking it, I made my way to my basement. Looking around trying to see if there is any dirt on my way down, seeing none, sense I just cleaned not long ago, I finally made my way to the basement. The flickering torch illuminates the corner of the room where placed. I saw the man who I had recently captured now fully awake and looked alarmed.

"W-where am I?! Why did you take me here?!" He said in a panicked state.

"Easy question with a simple answer. You had information that my client needed, and now I can keep you. I have a few things in mind. One, you stay here with me in my basement for the rest of your sorry life and do what I say when I say it. Or two, you get killed right on the spot. Choose one." I stated.

At the mention of kill he freaked out. Waiting and waiting for him to shut the fuck up, he finally calmed down.

"Is screaming and kicking how you decide which one you want?" I asked like a smart ass.

"I-I want to go back to HQ! Let me go you got your information now I'm useless to you!" The young man stated.

"Ah yes you are. But here's the thing. One of your little buddies got free and are most likely on his way to your head quarters to tell of my recent where about's. And if you don't know who I am yet that make come as a surprise that he got away. And if I get caught up in a situation with the Survey Core which they aren't fairly fond of me, I can use you as a get away ticket!" I said in a serious manner. The boy nodded understanding the predicament.

"I see you're a clever one! The only flaw of cleverness is being cocky. But I sense that your a finely raised individual who knows better." He nodded.

"Sense we are having a little get together what is your name young man?" I asked as if I was elder than him.

"Amen." He said.

"Amen? As in the Christian form? Like bla bla bla praised be god amen?" I asked. He nodded.

"My parents were christians and though it would be a good name." I hummed in response.

"You know my name but I don't know yours." He said staying the obvious.

"You can call me... the mystery." His eyes widened as his skin pales.

"Your the mystery!?" He asked, I nodded.

"Ah, that name they give me. Do you know why I've been given the name the mystery?" I asked him.

"B-because no one knows what your gender is and what you look like...." he stuttered out.

"Correct. The funny thing is the fact that they haven't caught onto me yet! Maybe it's my accent that makes me sound male or something and then my body shape making me look female that confuses them." I said, almost as if talking to my self.

"Well enough chit chat, time for bed! You'll be up at the brink of dawn doing chores! If they aren't the way I want them done. It will be very bad for you!" I said walking up the stairs taking the stick that had the fire on it with me.

"Night!" I yelled from the top of the stairs before slamming the door shut and locking it.