Chapter 6

??? Pov

No sign of the Survey Core. Yet. I decided to get some rest but then I remembered Amen. Sighing I put on some pj's and tapped wrapped around my chest to hide my identity.

Walking into the kitchen I grabbed some dinner for Amen, but not for myself because I don't eat much. I lit a torch then walked into the basement.

Arriving at the end of the basement stairs I saw Amen starring at a photo. I don't know of who but it seems like someone important to him. Knocking loudly on the cement wall to get his attention, which it did, I handed him his meal. I was about to walk upstairs but heard Amen say something to me.

"Do..do you wish that you could have saved someone? That meant a lot to you?" He asked.

"Ya...I do. But the past is the past. There is nothing that I could have done." I said sighing and walking upstairs and blowing out the torch.

-time skip to after noon-

Grabbing my gear and clothing I had almost forgotten to give my client the information he needed.

Walking out the door, making sure to lock it and put the key in my pocket, I sneakily climbed onto buildings and picked up my 3DMG and strapped it on. I flew above the streets I have come to know and hate. All the starving children and family's, people being robbed or people robbing to live it disgusts me.

Finally getting to the location I need to be I did the secret knock. One of his guards let me in and made sure I wasn't followed.

I walked down the corridor that held many rooms. Finally reaching my location, I opened the door and saw the client doing work. He looked up from his paper work and smiled.

"Did you get it?" He asked.

"Of course." I said handing him the information.

"Good. Here's your reward." He said handing me $100,000.

"Pleasure doing business with ya!" I said counting the bills to make sure it's the right amount. Finding the exit door the guard made sure no one saw me leave and opened the door. As soon as I was in, I was out flying across the streets of the underground.

Before returning home I stopped by a tavern. Where I get most of my clients. Everyone here knew that I come here for jobs to pick up, but dare tell a single soul, for they know the consequence. Death.

I opened the door, almost like an old western movie and the bad guy suddenly walks in through the doors and everyone stops everything to look at the person. I grab a stool and sit down.

"I'll take a vodka please. Make that two." I said placing a $20 on the counter, while the bartender slid two vodkas my way. I caught them in my hand and chugged them down swiftly. I can handle my alcohol extremely well. Takes a lot to knock me out.

Looking around the tavern i don't see any clients today. Maybe I've finally run the underground dry?

Suddenly I hear whispers and stares at me. I try ease-dropping to my best advantage.

"I hear that the Survey Core are coming down to take in The Mystery!" Someone says.

"I hear they want to kill The Mystery in front of everyone!" another says.

The next thing you know I hear someone walk into the tavern. I look over my shoulder to see two MP's. I quickly react and start to blend in. Acting like one of these flirty pigs trying to get a cheap hooker.

"Five margaritas each!" One of the MP's say. The bartender fixed their drinks and slid them down the counter. The MP's caught their drinks and chugged them down to their hearts desire. They didn't even pay! I walked up to the counter and placed a $100.

"Keep the change." I say to the bartender while he nods as a thank you and goes to clean some dirty glasses. I walk out of her tavern and feel like I'm being watched. No not feel, I know I'm being watched. I walk into a big crowd and try blending in. Now realizing that what those people in the tavern said may be true. The Survey Core are after me. Time to be one with the crowd...