Chapter 3

??? Pov

I groggily open my eyes to nothing but darkness. Which is normal if you live underground. I sit up rubbing my eyes, and swinging my legs over the end of the bed. Quickly and swiftly grabbing clothes and heading to the shower to wash the filth of the underground off of me. As daddy always said ' dirt is nothing but disgusting dust that carry's germs' which isn't wrong. Man I miss him. Soon..soon I'll see him again, even if I have to take my last breath just to glance at him one more time.

Stripping myself of the dirty clothes and turning the water onto the highest temperature which is cold I step into the water, letting it fall over my body, making me shiver at it's cold touch. I reach for the shampoo and squirt it out onto my hand rubbing it in before reaching to my scalp to rub it in.

-time skip-

Getting out of the shower, clothes in hand and putting the articles of clothing on, I walked to my living room and grabbed myself a piece of bread. Remembering I had a captive down in the basement I grabbed some bread, water, and fruit. Yes fruit.

Walking downstairs with the food in hand I brought a torch to see. Peering over the railing on the stairs I saw him lying still sleeping. Banging on the metal door he sprung to life, looking exhausted.

"Got some food for ya." I said placing it through the slots in the cell door.

"Thanks! Woah is that fruit?! Haven't had that in forever!" Amen said picking it up and savoring every bite he took. I chuckled. He had a faint blush I could see.

"Um... so any news if they came to get me yet?" Amen asked placing the food down and picking up the water chugging it.

"No not yet, probably because it's 4 in the morning, assuming because everyone's asleep and this watch I have says so." I say laughing a bit.

"4 in the morning?! How can you wake up at a time like this?!" Amen asked choking on his water.

" don't ever sleep much. Insomnia. Got it from my dad. Assuming he had it. Never met the man. Same with my mother but my other dad is in my words 'holy shit the best thing to ever happen to me' as said when I was littler." I laughed. He chuckled.

"Sorry for your losses. Bet they were good people." He said with a smile that would light up even the darkest of hearts.

"Thanks. Well I got cleaning to do, never to late or early to clean!" I say dusting myself off.

"Starting with down here..how it ends up dirty after my cleaning it for hours on end every day amuses me.." i said.

"When I come down I'll give you a mop and sponge to clean the cell. If it's not to the point where I can see my reflection I'll go in there and use your face as a sponge." I said glaring towards him serious.

"When it comes to cleaning it needs to be done. Right." I say running upstairs to grab a mop and sponge.