Chapter Eleven- Chill Out

Logan

Johnny took me to the store and he ordered a pizza to pick up while he let me pick out all the snacks I wanted. Snacks that would hopefully ease off some of the heat symptoms. However, I was extremely uncomfortable the whole time, the small shopping cart compared to his large frame did not help and the long line to checkout didn't help and then...the damn cashier asked it we would like bags.

"Of course we want fucking bags! Look at all this shit we got!" I snapped. The stage of rage finally taking over; however, she smiled once she saw Johnny rub my shoulders soothingly. Or what meant to be soothing, all it did was start a line of fire under my flannel and thankfully, no memories.

"I understand." She said softly and I scoffed while loading the bags aggressively into the cart.

"Clearly you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't have asked us if we wanted damn bags." I said angrily while pushing the cart out as Johnny paid for the food. I didn't even thank him, hell, I didn't even help him load them into the car. I simply sat in the passenger seat with my arms crossed, glaring out the window like a bratty teenager.

Johnny said nothing as he got in and began driving. He kept his eyes on the road and I looked out the window, we didn't speak which I was thankful for.

I finally relaxed a little bit and rested my head back against the seat and closed my eyes and gently shook my leg. He said nothing about the car shaking but instead he placed his hand on my thigh. My eyes flashed open and I looked down at his hand and an immediate rush of dirty thoughts engulfed my brain as I looked at him

"Johnny, I don't want to have sex in a car." I said and he only grumbled in annoyance, but listened anyways, giving my thigh a harsh squeeze before pulling his hand away.

Once we finally got to his house I got out and gaped at the huge building. He grabbed all the bags from the trunk and we went inside. I stayed close behind him. I haven't been in a large pack house other than the Youngblood's and what would his pack members say about him bringing home a girl with major anger issues and teal hair? I wasn't exactly a "mom favourite".

Unlike the Youngblood's, Johnny's home actually looked like people lived in it. The hardwood floors were covered in rugs and the walls held family portraits and different photos of various members, resembling that people actually lived here.

"Johnny? What are you doing home?" A woman asked walking into view. She was about my height with ringlet black hair and bright green eyes like Johnny. I was wrong, I thought he looked like his dad, but the woman standing here was just the female version of Johnny.

"Oh, hello!" She smiled, her eyes landing on me. I was expecting her to glare at me, judge my baggy shirt and flannel, but she just smiled. Eagerness pouring from her to know my name and who I was. I smiled and then she held out her hand. Before Johnny could say anything I held onto his elbow and shook her hand. I was prepared for memories but, nothing happened. Just blank. I met her gaze and she just smiled, placing her other hand on the back of mine.

"My name is Veronica, nice to meet you." She said.

"Logan. It's...very nice to meet you." I said, trying my best to sound respectful. Veronica then looked at Johnny and then at her expensive watch and back to him.

"And? Your reason for being home?" She asked and Johnny glanced at me. I watched Veronica look at me, practically leaning against Johnny and then to all the snacks and then to me holding onto Johnny and then to all the snacks again. Before I could say something a huge smile appeared on her face and her bright green eyes practically lit up like Christmas lights.