Chapter Forty-two- Sleeping Beauty

Johnny

I sat on the chair next to Logan. She was still asleep and it has been about two weeks since I heard her laugh or seen her smile. Ryan, Finn, and Blondie have tried to cheer me up but nothing was helping. Jamie tried talking about dating again and I told her to fuck off.

I looked at all the flowers on the table next to her and sighed. I came in every day after school and I stayed until about eight every night. The doctor said talking to her might help a little bit so I would catch her up with what was happening at school and Sam would come in and tell her all about him and Finn. Jake would often sit in here alone with her and sing his songs to her and then Dean would read to her the cases he was doing.

It was really dull without Logan. I was used to her jokes, her no filter, and her lively attitude. Now, she was pale and quiet as she laid on the large hospital bed.

"Johnny, she is going to be fine." My mom whispered while rubbing my shoulders. I was sitting at my desk writing an assignment. Jace, Jonah, Jesse and JJ were here as Jace was getting married. I was hoping that Logan would come with me but that was currently not possible.

"Yea, honestly dude it was just a freak accident. She will be alright." JJ said as he sat across from me twirling a pencil in his hand. I said nothing and stared at the wooden desk and my mom sighed kissing my cheek.

"I know it's hard and it's even more difficult to try and to focus on something else." She said ruffling my hair. I nodded and stared at all the words on the page that kind of blurred together. I sighed and sat back rubbing my eyes.

"Want me to proofread that for you? When was the last time you got a good nights' sleep?" JJasked.

"I had a best night of sleep a few weeks ago." I smirked and he tossed his head back and laughed.

"My baby bro has mated his girl before me." He said disbelieved while shaking his head.

"Yea, it was a special night." I said.

"Aww, did you comb your fingers through her hair?" He teased and I chuckled.

"And if I did? She has soft hair. I told her that I loved her." I said smiling happily.

"You did? You meant it?" He asked.

"Of course I did. She's perfect and she said it back and got the type of person she is and what she has been through. It meant the world to me, hearing her say that." I said whispering the last part. JJ just smiled and listened to me speak.

"Yea? And what is your favourite thing about her?" He asked curiously.

"I love everything about her, but the main thing?" I asked him.

"Yea." He said.

"I love her hair. If she ever went brown or anything I think I would be upset. Her hair just suits her, she looks like a mermaid when it is all curly. I also love her laugh. She usually tosses her head back and shuts her eyes. Cutest thing in the world." I smiled while looking at the table.

"I'm proud of you. I thought dad was turning you into some brooding, stone cold alpha. My little bro is in love. Johnny you're growing up!" He cried while diving at me on the chair. I groaned and tried to push him off, but he hugged me tighter.

"I hate you." I groaned.