Chapter Thirty-three- Apologizing

Chapter 33- Apologizing

Johnny

"For fuck sakes..." Logan whispered as we watched the display between Taylor, Melody, Anna, and Beth with Lilith. Of course they were giving her shit over being with Blondie. I then watched as Logan dropped her bag beside me and she marched over.

"Logan?" I asked quietly as she walked right up to them.

"Hey! I dare you to touch her once more." Logan snapped. The girls looked at her and everyone in the hallway stopped to watch. Jeremy, Keith, and other Youngblood's watched from further down and were laughing. Melody looked down and away from Logan but the other girls challenged Logan. Taylor turned, placing a hand on her hip as she stared Logan down in the hallway. Taylor was tall, I gave her that but, Logan held her ground as she stared back at her.

"What are you going to do, freak? Touch one of us and get some bad dreams?" Taylor cooed and I grit the back of my teeth at her words and Ryan scoffed next to me.

"That's low, man." Finn said shaking his head.

"Did you hit her?" Logan asked looking at the bruise on Lilith's cheek and the cut on her lip.

"Can't have an omega lover in our pack." Beth said with a smug look on her face.

"No, no, no, no...I can kick her ass not you four losers." Logan chuckled while shaking her head.

"Is that a threat, Everton?" Taylor spat and I watched as Logan let out a laugh and I sighed while pinching the bridge of my nose and then looking back at the altercation between the girls.

"Don't do it, don't do it, don't do-" but, it was too late, Logan had swung and sent Taylor back a few feet with a punch to her nose and mouth area. Everyone began cheering and clapping as Taylor held her face.

"Can't go one week without this woman fighting someone. Why can't we be normal and go to class early for once?" I muttered.

"You psycho bitch!" Taylor yelled, going back at her. Before she could Logan had punched her again.

"These girls are going so slow, Lo is fast." Finn laughed while cheering them on and I watched the Youngblood boys who began walking forward. Anna and Beth pulled Taylor away as teachers began to round the corner. Melody sulked away slowly and Logan hauled Lilith up.

"Come on." She said walking out of the school and I picked up Logan's bag and shoved it into my locker as she went out with Lilith.

"What the hell is that about? Thought she hated her?" Ryan asked me curiously and I shrugged, just as confused.

"It's Logan we're talking about. She's been having a change of heart lately. Just give her space." 

Logan

"Why do you hang out with people who beat you up?" I asked Lilith as we sat under a tree outside. She was crying and I had gotten her tissues for her tears and for her bleeding lip and I sighed as she cried.

"Stop crying, Lilith. They don't deserve your tears." I muttered while tossing down the gauze with her blood on it.

"You beat me up too, Lo." She said with a sniffle and I sighed.

"I did it because you called me a slut and come on Lilith, you fucking deserved it. However, you don't deserve getting beat up over being mated to an Omega. Especially, one like Blondie. He's the best." I sighed.

"I know, I should have believed you. Keith had been cheating on me for years with Taylor and Beth. Sure we were on and off but when we were dating, he was cheating." She said throwing the tissue down angrily and I raised my eyebrows at what she said.

"That doesn't surprise me." I muttered while putting all the tissues into a pile and I sighed while resting my hands on my thighs and I looked at her puffy face.

"Can I tell you what happened that day?" I asked her and she nodded.

"We were in the den and he came down and said some crap about not listening to anyone who called me a troll and then he kissed me. Sure, I had a crush on him but who didn't? He was hot." I said.

"Keyword, was." She said and we both laughed.

"Logan, you're not a troll and you're not a slut and I know it's not much but I am truly sorry for what I have done to you, you didn't deserve it." She said and I felt my insides feel all warm and I shifted uncomfortably. God stop these emotions.

"Lilith, I don't care anymore. Stuff like that doesn't bother me. People like Taylor calling me a psycho bitch doesn't bother me. You wouldn't even hear me out that day. You were so focused on what Keith was saying, and Melody has no fucking backbone to save her life. I don't even know how she can stay up straight." I wondered while scratching my head and Lilith laughed softly.

"I wish I was like that. I really like Blake, he is so charming and sweet. He is everything I imagined in a mate. Mom and dad are upset by it. Landon and Lincoln don't care they just want you and I to be happy. I was always jealous of you." She sighed.

"Why? You're the one everyone wanted to be friends with, you're so good at getting people to talk to you and like you? I'm literally sociopathic and I struggle to tell my mate that I really, really like him."

"Logan, you're gorgeous, smart, and hilarious. You could always make anyone laugh. You don't care about what people say and that's what I love about you. You also have a gorgeous mate that girls like Taylor and I have been wanting to get with for years."

"Is that why you were mad at me? Because I came here and bagged a Blackwood?" I laughed.

"Yea. He took such a sudden interest in you. Johnny has never done that and then everyone saw the way he looks at you. When you were talking to Melody he was just staring at you so happily. I wanted that and once it comes out that Blake is my mate, everyone hates me." She groaned.

"No one hates you. Everyone is just stuck up, you know how it is with these major packs, everyone wants the alphas and the betas." I said and there was a moment of silence between the two of us before Lilith cleared her throat.

"Logan, will you ever come back home?" She asked and I stared at the grass.

"Maybe to visit. I'm really comfortable with Dean and Jake. I love them." I said softly. I looked at the grass and she reached over and pulled me into a tight hug.

We were about seven years old. My hair was down my back as was Lilith's. I was seven and Lilith was turning seven soon. I was on Landon's team and Lilith was on Lincoln's team.

"Number eighty-two, Landon Youngblood sends a perfect spiral to Logan Youngblood!" Landon said. I caught the ball and Lilith made a war cry and took me down gently. We laughed as Lincoln and then Landon piled on top of us.

"And she takes down Logan Youngblood!" She yelled.

I felt a tear fall down my face and I quickly wiped it away.

"Do you remember when we were little and we used to play football with Landon and Lincoln?" I whispered.

"And Landon would announce everything while we did it? I loved that, it's one of my favourite memories. Why?" She asked.

"I saw it when you hugged me." I said.

"Oh, right I forgot about that. How does it feel when you get a memory?"

"Sometimes it's draining, depending on the memory. If it's a sad or angry one it is more emotionally draining. But, when it is one like I just saw it's really nice." I explained.

"Logan, do you think I could hang out with you and Sam?" She asked. I felt that warm feeling inside again and I genuinely smiled.

"Of course you can."