Chapter Forty-three- Waking up

I couldn't keep Logan asleep for too long.

Johnny

Another two weeks had passed and they were talking about different ways to try and wake Logan up. Jace's wedding passed and him and his mate were now happily married.

It was Saturday and on the weekends I could stay overnight with Logan. I had my head rested on her bed with my eyes closed and her hand was in mine. I was sleeping peacefully until I heard a choked cough.

I quickly sat up and Logan's eyes were closed and she attempted to breathe while the tube was down her throat.

"Logan!" I breathed pressing the button for the nurse. The nurse came in and turned back out and called for the doctor. I watched as Logan struggled against the tube and another nurse pushed me back from the bed.

"Logan, calm down." The doctor ordered while carefully removing the tube from her throat. Logan tried regaining her breathing and her eyes fluttered open. She looked at the doctor confused and the nurse handed her some water.

"The tube may have disrupted her throat a bit. She may not be able to talk for a while." The doctor said opening her eyes and shining a light in them. He wrote a few notes on his clip board and then listened to her heartbeat.

"Jennifer? Call Dean and Jake Silverstone and let them know that Logan is awake?" The doctor asked. The nurse nodded and left the room and my eyes remained on Logan.

I sat down next to her as the nurse propped up her bed so that she could sit up. Logan looked down at me and smiled softly.

"I'm so sorry, Logan." I whispered. She continued to smile and her hand touched my face. She leaned back and sighed and shook her head.

"Since you can't talk, let me explain. After if you want me to leave then I will." I said and she watched me curiously.

"When I saw Jamie again, I saw my old friend. I think I loved her when I was younger because she was an escape from my dad. I could tell her anything, if I told my brothers they would just tell me to get over it and stop whining. I don't know when I saw her again, I guess I just broke down. I shouldn't have hugged her and then when we got to class she kept saying that we could go back to the way things were and I kept telling her no and that I'm in love with you." I sighed while running a hand through my hair.

"I told her to fuck off because she asked again if we could date." I said and a large smile appeared on her face.

"Logan, I am so sorry I did this to you. This is all my fault and I understand if you don't want to see me anymore. I love you so much and I messed up." I said and she placed her hand on top of mine.

"I missed our English test because the first week I was here every day but then the nurses started yelling at me." I laughed and she cocked her head to the side.

"I didn't want to leave your side. I was so scared when I saw the ambulance. I called you like fifty times and then I raced off to the hospital." I explained.

I sighed and laid my forehead on the bed and her fingers went through my hair.

"Johnny." She croaked out and I lifted my head at the sound of her voice and smiled as she cleared her throat and drank more water.

"After all I have been through, you have to do a lot to break me and to make me hate you. Fuck, I forgave Lilith. Sure, I haven't made the step to forgive my parents but all you did was piss me off. I want to kick your ass not for you to stop being with me." She said.

"So, you're going to beat me up?" I asked.

"Oh yea. You know me, I like the element of surprise so you won't know when it's coming." She smirked and I smiled wiping under my eye.

"Are you crying!?" She laughed throwing her head back.

"Shut up. I'm just happy you're awake." I said and she laughed.

"You're so cute. Come here." She whispered holding out her arms. I hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. I missed hugging her so I held on for dear life, afraid she would slip away from me again.

"I love you. I'm so sorry, pretty girl." I said.

"I still look pretty? I haven't showered in how long? Gross. Don't kiss me, I haven't brushed my teeth." She said disgusted and I shook my head and peppered her face with kisses.

"I don't care." I said pecking her lips sweetly.

"You're risky eh? My breath probably smells like tube from that breathing thing." She said.

"Are you feeling okay? Does your head hurt? Are you hungry?" I asked.

"I'm a little hungry." She said.

"I will go get you something from the cafeteria. Jake, Dean, and Sammy should be here soon." I assured kissing her head.