Breakfast

"Good morning!" I hear someone yell as I sleep and open my eye to see Jacob standing in my bedroom. I immediately shut my eyes as I groan in bed. I don't like him around me, I've already built up this hatred for him so I just can't handle him this early. Instead of fighting with him to leave my room I turn in bed and cuddle into the sheets so I can go back to sleep. Jacob can annoy me as I sleep. Quickly enough I'm thinking about stupid things and get happy because I know that when I'm about to knock out.

-

I hear my phone buzzing under me and reach for it with my eyes still closed. All I want to do is nap forever but it doesn't seem possible. "Sorry that's my phone." I hear and it startles me so much that I jump out of my bed. Jacob is siting in bed besides me nervously smiling. He reaches for his phone and declines the call. "I'm sorry I woke you but I brought breakfast." He gets up out of bed and annoyingly opens trays of food that reveal waffles, fruits, extra shit.

Without saying anything I get out of bed and walk over to the table to grab fruit. Jacob smiles at me and I sigh from his presence. He makes my skin crawl, I rather him being gone, even if it meant that I had to order my own room service. I pick up the plate of fruits and go back to bed to avoid him. "How'd you sleep?"

"Why are you here?"

"I'm trying." He says then pouts which only makes 1% of me feel bad. "I ordered you breakfast so we could eat together."

"I don't want breakfast with you."

"I understand why you wouldn't but I'm showing you that you should give me another chance."

"False. You are showing me that you need to give me the key you have to my room."

He groans and runs his hands through his curls as I glare at him. "I'll treat you like a princess."

"Until you get tired of loyalty and kindness then hurt me again."

"I won't do that."

"You don't understand." I tell him and push my body into the pillows. Jacob will never understand the pain he inflicted on me. He was supposed to be my best friend but he treated me like shit. I rather stay by myself than get back with him.

"I understand that I hurt you Amour, I do."

"Then you should understand that a person that has caused so much stress should just walk away."

"Then why don't you leave?"

"Because Elaine thinks me and you are together and she thinks I'm depressed or some shit so I'm not going to ask her to go back home because we break up. Then she'll feel obligated to come with me when she wants to be with her husband. Just because you are a dickhead doesn't mean everyone else's time should be ruined."

"Fine Amour." He says and finally leaves my room. I take a sigh of relief and happily get up going over to the food. Jacob walks back in while I'm eating some bacon and comes over to me. I stand there in my extra revealing pajamas and stare at him.

"I know you need space and I'm gonna give it to you I just want you to know that I know I fucked up and that think I'm just acting up. This whole thing is crazy. And I hate you being mad at me so friends?"

"I said let's be friends before you fucked Beauty."

"I get that. But friends." He says again and leans in to kiss my cheek.

I sigh heavily and shrug. "I guess." I say and sit down in front of the food. Jacob looks at me and I shrug allowing him to eat breakfast with me.

We start eating and it wasn't bad at all. He was making jokes and we watched tv as we ate. It was almost comfortable to be with him again but of course in the back of my mind I'm scared. I hate the uncertainty I have with him. The fact that he could be so sweet one day but then cheat the next or treat me wrong or do anything he's feels scares me.

——-
Do you think the friendship will work?
What do you want for their relationship? Final end or a gradual start to the way it was?

Thank you for reading!