Life For Us

Her horrible screams fill the apartment floor as she gets tossed around like a rag doll behind the doors of her home. Everyone knows, they hear her pleads for mercy but they wouldn't dare to say anything against the culprit who lays his hands on her. His loud yell muffle through the walls and I stand in the hallway waiting for her to come to me. The door opens up and he throws her outside his apartment on to the floor.

I take my hands out my pocket and help her up. My eyes wander to her face trying to see how much damage he's done. She takes my hand and rest against my chest. The girl being thrown around isn't just a girl I feel pity for but rather my girlfriend. It almost makes me want to cry -and I do occasionally- when her father lays his hands on her brushing her delicate face but I'm stuck on how to fix things. I don't think there is a way to fix her situation and neither does she.

Of course she tries being the angel she is to him but he hates her. He hates her more than he can explain. They were happy before, that's what my mom used to tell me, but it's hard to believe. Her mom was a nice lady and she loved her but one day her mom was driving to get her some baby things and swiveled off the road. Now all the hate that her dad has for losing his wife goes to her and all she can do is cry.

Her name is Amour George. Amour is honestly the best thing in my life and I try to be the best in hers. Even when she goes through her hard times she's always alright with me. We always were each others escape in a sort of way.

When I was younger I lived with my mom and when her father went to work or didn't know how to handle Amour he brought her to my mom (Sadly my mom recently died but I still have Amour). We grew up together. As time passed we started to find a liking for each other and now we absolutely love each other.

I wish we could have stayed two years old forever. With me being eighteen and her being sixteen its surprising how hard both of us have it. We aren't the wealth kids on the block and we didn't met at some country club but when I'm with her I feel like I'm the richest man on the planet.

"Amour it'll be okay. Next year we're out of here." I say as I wrap a ice pack in paper towel.

She takes a deep sigh and wipes her face from her tears. "Yeah." She forces a smile and lays back on the couch.

It's sad to say but there isn't much going on for us. She did attend private high school but once the questions of Why is her cheek bruised is when her father took her out. I finished high school but don't have enough money to go to college nor am I smart enough to get a scholarship. So this is us right now.

I sit next to her and hand her the ice packet. Amour is one of those fragile souls I guess you can say. She take all of the things he's done to her and pushes them aside but sometimes things get to her. She's tried killing herself and honestly she isn't a stranger to a blade. I always try to calm her down when things happen but I can't go deep down inside her and fix all the problems she has within herself although I try.

I brush her hair back looking into her eyes. "I love you."

She nods and kisses me. "I love you too."

____________________

First chapter! Please tell me what you guys think! I'd love to hear your opinion on the book! Hope you think it's a good start!

Comment + vote