Chapter 15- A Quiz in the Dark

A\N I think Sylveon will be the chosen evolution for Eevee because I think it's more of a sign of friendship, mostly between you and Gladion. If you know what I mean. Besides Sylveon is adorable and Jolteon is more Badass. I want Eevee to be more of a support than a fighter, but that doesn't mean Sylveon cannot kick butt. But the evolution will saved for a better suited chapter. For your other Pokemon,I like them where they're at. I love Incineroar but Torracat seems more of a better choice. Besides not all the Pokemon in the show evolve. I'm also thinking of a way to use that thunderstone, it can just be a momento for the reader.Something you can look at and remember him by. Although a new Pokemon is due to join your team ;)

You sat next to Gladion on the Exeggutor Express and rode it all the way to the observatory. You wonder what it was going to look like on top of the mountian. You were ready to face whatever that was going to come your way. Once off the bus, you ran to get a good look at the view from all the way on top. In the distance you could barely see another mountaintop. But it looked like it was covered in ice. Gladion stood beside you, "Lanakila" he said. Lana-what? He saw you were a bit confused, "That Mountain over there is Mt. Lanakila" he clarified. Isn't that the tallest point in Alola? What could be over there? "They say they're building a Pokemon League but it's still in development" he told you seeming to answer the questions inside your head. "Really?! That's so cool" , you said. You couldn't wait to go there, perhaps someday. You turned around to look at the observatory. It was a big building that was painted blue with some red highlights. Next door was a Pokemon center. You wanted to take a little trek down the mountain trail but maybe you'll save that for after the trial.

Walking up to the observatory, you saw a man just walk out. He looked at you and Gladion, "You must be trial goers" he asked. You smiled, "I am, but my friend isn't" you told him. The man nodded, "I see. It good to have company on your journey. I'm Molanye. I run the observatory" he introduced himself. Could this be the trail captain? "Sorry to say I'm not the trial captain this time around. But I can take you to him.I'm not sure if he's available to start a trial at the moment. He's been busy lately with something" Molanye told you. "That's ok. But it would be helpful if you showed us the way", you said. Gladion was quiet like always. "It be my pleasure. Follow me", Molayne ordered. You and Gladion followed him into the observatory and walked down the halls. Molanye eventually stopped at one of the rooms, "Sophocles should be inside" he said "Now I had some things to attend to. Excuse me" he said with a smile than left. This is it. Time for another Trial. What was this one going to be like? All of them are different and unique but you were ready.. "Are you ok? You seem a bit shaken", Gladion asked. You guessed you looked a little too excited to get the next trial started. You looked at him with determination, "I'm fine. I'm just ready to tackle this trial" you told him getting into a confident stance. He rolled his eyes, "Just don't get too cocky" he advised you. Cocky was the last thing you were, "I'm not being cocky" you assured him. "Fine not cocky. Maybe just a bit over confident" he said. Now that was probably true, "Alright alright, I won't put all my lucky eggs into one basket" you said crossing your arms, pouting a little. He looked at your pouting face with a serious expression. For a second you two stared at each other. Gladion turned away and covered his mouth as if trying to keep his expression. Was he trying not to laugh? You couldn't keep a pouting face knowing you almost made him laugh, even if it was a chuckle. You smiled wide as if to celebrate your victory in a pointless stare down, "You can laugh you know. It's not forbidden" you said. He didn't respond. You moved in front of him and tried to make eye contact but he avoided your gaze. His cheeks were flushed. You really wanted to make him laugh, but you had a trial. So you considered him lucky....for now ;)

You entered the room, which was fairly spacious and filled with inventions of many kinds. There was a young boy toying with some sort machine in the corner. He turned around, "You must be here for the trial. Well this one's going to be a little different. Why? Because I plan on calling the Totem Pokemon myself" he told you. This boy must be the trial captain, Sophocles and what does he mean by calling the totem? Gladion didn't seem so sure either, "Isn't that the trial goer's job. To bring out the totem" Gladion claimed. Sophocles nodded, "Yes it is. But I thought it would save you some time. Besides I work on a lot of things here at the observatory, so I got an idea and tried to make something of my own. I call it the Ping Totem Pokemon 2.0. I haven't had a chance to try it out, so you'll just have to be my lab Ratattas" he explained. Sophocles turned around and began typing something on the device behind him. You hoped nothing was going to go wrong. The captain finished typing," That should do it" he said. After pressing a button, something in the invention started to sound weird. The lights shut off, "Oh dear. Must've caused a blackout. Uh, let me try to fix it" you heard Sophocles say. The whole room was pitch black, you couldn't see anything. You knew you were safe, but nothing brings out fear like total darkness. The sound of the doors slamming shut, made you jump. "It's alright. That's just the security", Sophocles reassured. A siren could be heard, "ACTIVATING EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN" a robotic voice said. You could hear more typing, "In order to open the doors, I'll have to disable the security system. You'll have to pass a quiz" Sophocles announced. The darkness made you feel dizzy. You reached out for something to steady yourself, but all you felt was the thin air in front of you. You could feel fear take over your mind, you didn't understand. What was going on with you?

You felt something touch you, causing you to flail. "It's just me. There's no need to worry. The power will come back on soon enough.", Gladion said. You remembered he was standing right next to you, holding Eevee before the power went out. You felt the fear fade from your mind, you had a trial to pass. Light or dark, you were going to pass it. You straightened up your posture. You were glad Gladion was here. If it wasn't for him with you, who knew where'd you be on your journey. "Right Gladion. I have you and my Pokemon to help me. Bring on the quiz", you said regaining your courage. The sirens went off again, "QUESTION# 1: WHAT TYPE IS ELECTRIC STRONG AGAINST? A: GROUND, B: WATER, C: FAIRY" the automated voice read. You thought in your head. Ground is strong against electric, so that's not it. Fairy is weak to steel and poison. It was obvious the answer was water. "The answer is B. Water", you told the machine. You heard a ding, "CORRECT. QUESTION# 2: WHAT TYPE IS CHARJABUG? A: BUG, B: BUG AND GRASS, C: ELECTRIC, or D: BUG AND ELECTRIC" the machine asked. You never really seen a Charjabug before. It was defiantly a bug type. You tried to remember what one looked like. It was a small box shaped bug, but its design wasn't grass related. Its eyes had a certain look to them. Considering the first question was about electric type, you were going to bet that Charjabug was a bug and electric type. You were sure, "Charjabug is D, Bug and Electric" you said. DING. "Correct", you were told. Lucky guess. Sophocles spoke up, "The Totem Pokemon is close. This must be the last question" he said. "FINAL QUESTION. WHAT IS THE FINAL FORM OF THE POKEMON GRUBBIN? A: VIKAVOLT, B: GALVANTULA, C: RIBOMBEE" the computer asked. Ribombee was a bug\fairy, so not being electric scratches it out. On the other hand, Galvantula and Vikavolt are both bug\electric type. Grubbin. What was it? A little white bug with hug pinchers. Who does it resemble most? Vikavolt. Galvantula lacks the pinchers. "A. Vikavolt", you said. The computer dinged. The lights flickered back on and doors opened, only to have the Totem Pokemon, Vikavolt, invite itself in.

 It took a bit for your eyes to adjust to the light again and to the sight of the Totem right in front of you. This Pokemon was going to take some effort to take down. Nobody was quicker than your Yungoos. A few strikes to weaken it, then you'll finishes it with a strong fire fang from Torracat. You called out Yungoos, "I'm counting on you to get some quick hit Yungoos. No one is faster than you" you encouraged it. Yungoos waited for your command eagerly. The Totem charged itself with electricity, it was going to use spark. "Yungoos I want you to dodge it and use bite", you ordered. Vikavolt threw itself at Yungoos. Using its speed, Yungoos slipped out of the way. Activating its Stong Jaw ability, Yungoos bit down on Vikavolts abdomen. Alarmed, Vikavolt shook off Yungoos and attacked with a Thunderbolt. Yungoos didn't take the attack too well. You urged it to keep fighting, "You can do it Yungoos. Use your speed and counter with Mud slap" you told it. Yungoos got back up. It took off running at Vikavolt and jumped into the air. It swung its tail around, that was caked with mud, and slapped Vikavolt in the face. Vikavolt's accuracy fell. You cheered on Yungoos and so did Eevee, "Now Take Down while it can't see" you commanded. Building up speed, Yungoos charged at Vikavolt with all its might and knocked it over. Yungoos fell to the ground, taking a bit of damage. Now was the time to switch. You called back Yungoos, "You did great Yungoos" you praised it. You called out Torracat, who looked like it was ready for some action. "Torracat I want you to use Fire fang" you ordered. Vikavolt managed to wipe the mud form its face. It charged itself up for another spark. Torracat infused its fangs with fire and ran at Vikavolt, who charged at the same time. The force of the impact knocked Torracat off its feet. But it got back up ready to go again. "Torracat be careful. Now try throwing it off with a Lick attack" you said. Jumping up in the air, Torracat licked Vikavolt. Disgusted, Vikavolt hastily tried to wipe the saliva off its face. It certainly didn't see that coming. Now was your chance. "Torracat quick Ember" you urged it. Torracat stood proud released a strong flame from its mouth. That wasn't ember, it was flamethrower. The Vikavolt was engulfed in flames and fell onto the floor. It was unable to battle.

You picked up Torracat and gave it a hug,"You did it" you told it happily. Torracat liked the attention. You returned Torracat into its pokeball. "That was a good battle. Well done", Sophocles congratulated you. You looked at Gladion, who just gave you his nod of approval. For passing the trial you were giving the Electrium Z crystal.