Chapter 16 - Onto the Mountain Trail

A\N Looking for a new Pokemon to add to your team. I would decide myself but there are a lot to choose and I want you, the reader, to decide. I think a good electric or water would be a good choice. Try to think of a Pokemon that is not included in Hau's or Gladion's team. I would like some variety.

After the trial, you and Gladion were offered to spend the rest of the day at the observatory. Sophocles showed you all the rooms and unique gadgets used to monitor anything that came from space. It blew your mind. When night time came and the moon was full, Sophocles took you two outside and with him, a telescope. He set it up and pointed out things in the sky for you to see. The moon and sky were absolutely beautiful from on top of the mountain, everything was so clear. Gladion didn't take an interest into looking through the telescope, but he was star gazing. Well from what you could tell or maybe he was just thinking. He stood there with his arms crossed, staring into the night. His expression was different. Whatever he was feeling certainly showed on his face. He looked concerned or worried. What could be on his mind? Does he miss someone or something? He caught you looking at him, causing his expression to change back to a serious one. You didn't mean to stare, there was just something in that moment that made you not want to look away. You averted your gaze, a bit embarrassed. You could hear footsteps walking away. You looked back at Gladion, but he was now at the far end of the path. You stood up straight. You had to go talk to him. He's not much of a talker but maybe you could get a hint at what's bothering him. You walked away from the telescope, in Gladion's direction. He glanced at you, before looking away again. He wasn't telling you to get lost, so it must've been ok for you to say something. "Is there something on your mind?" you asked cautiously. He didn't say anything at the moment. You walked up beside him, "I'm just thinking. Nothing to worry about" he told you. He didn't sound so sure, "You can tell me anything. I'll listen. Even if you want me to stay quiet", you said honestly wanting to know what he was thinking about. He looked at you and his serious expression seem to melt away just for a second. He sighed, "I won't tell you everything, ok" he finally said. You nodded. So there were a lot of things that were on his mind. Well, something is better than nothing. You sat yourself on the railing, to listen. From this angle, the moonlight made his green eyes glow. Gladion looked a bit uncomfortable but he spoke anyways, "I don't regret leaving home. It's something I had to do. But I could've said something to my sister before I left. I ran away in the middle of the night and took Null with me. Perhaps I even should've took my sister with me. You see, my mother is different. She's become obsessed with power. Not exactly a motherly figure" he told you. You listened to every word. So he has a family but he choose to run away because his mother wasn't a good mother anymore. Could that mean that his father wasn't there? I'm sure the pressure of his mom made him run away. But what of his sister? Is she still there with his mother? So many question to ask, but he did say he wouldn't tell you everything. You wanted to respect that. At least he was comfortable enough to tell you something. "So you're worried about your family?" you asked. He barely nodded, "She may be rude and not much of a mom anymore but she's still my mother" he said. He still cares for his mother, even though she's the reason he ran. You still love your family, even if you fight. Gladion must feel the same way. But he chose to run. He must be up to something else.

After you two were done talking, it was about time to go to bed. Molanye showed you to the spare rooms. Gladion opened the door to his room, "I'll see you in the morning" he told you. You smiled, "Right. Good Night Gladion" you said back. He went inside and closed the door.Even if it was in your head, you must admit you actually liked being in the same room as Gladion. Perhaps it gave you a sense of comfort. You did have your Pokemon with you, but you guess nothing beats being with another human. Ok. Ok. Maybe you liked him. No. You were sure. He may be a mystery and not the happiest person in the world, but you liked him. Though it was a little too soon to call it love.