Chapter 49 Battle to be Champion

A\N The next chapter will tie in the end of the game. But no worries, I'm planning on writing some post game stuff. Since this is the end of the game please comment below if the ending should be the same, because I plan on having Lillie and Lusamine stay in the Alola region. Enjoy the championship battle.

The Elite Four members made their way to the sidelines. Odd? There was no champion for you to battle. Maybe it's a ceremonial thing? You went over to the throne, you felt like something was missing. You we're tempted to sit on the chair though. "Looks like you're the Pokemon League Champion", you heard Kukui say. You turned to face him. Looks like? "But there is one more person you have to battle for that title and that would be me", he told you. No freakin way. "You're gonna battle (Y\N) Professor!?", Hau asked surprised. Kukui nodded and took a confident pose, "That's right. So let's make this battle one to remember (Y\N). Just because I'm a professor doesn't mean I don't know how to battle" Kukui said. Well this was certainly something you didn't expect. What was his team going to consist of? The only Pokemon you ever seen him with is Rockruff. "I've never seen you battle at all Professor. This will certainly be something. I don't even know what Pokemon you have", you told Kukui. "Don't think on it too much. Whatever Pokemon he has doesn't matter. This battle will truly test your skills, so do your best", Gladion encouraged you. Right. You may be surprised at first but you should stay focused on winning. You nodded, "Let's get this show on the road" you said. The battle would be six on six. (I'll narrate 3 and just describe the others)

Gladion and Hau went to stand on the sidelines, giving you and the professor space to battle. "Show me what you and your team can do (Y\N)! Come on out Lycanroc!" Kukui said summoning a midday form Lycanroc. Lycanroc are fast Pokemon and you needed a fast and evasive Pokemon. You brought out Dragonair. "This is our most challenging battle Dragonair! Let's do our best!" you told it. Dragonair nodded. "Lycanroc use Accelerock!" Kuki gave the first attack. Lycanroc charged with great speed. "Dragonair take flight and smash down vertically with DragonTail!", you called. Dragonair flapped its wings and followed your command. Just as you expected Lycanroc jumped in the air only to get hit with Dragonair's incoming DragonTail. Lycanroc hit the ground but recovered quickly. "I shouldn't have underestimated you and Dragonair. Looks like I'll have to step it up a bit" Kukui commented. Kukui gave the command for Lycanroc to use Stone Edge (Lol Gladion's favorite move in the anime). Lycanroc jumped up and pounded on the ground, releasing multiple jagged rocks. If Dragonair gets hit while it's airborne, it wouldn't be a pretty sight. "Dragonair use your speed and slim body to maneuver back and forth between the rocks. Be careful!" you told it. Dragonair avoided the incoming jagged rocks that rose up from the ground and ducked and weaved between them. It was easy due to its slim figure. "Lycanroc jump up in the air to get your sights on Dragonair and use Crunch!" Kukui commanded. Lycanroc jumped up in the air and found Dragonair. It flung itself towards your Pokemon jaws wide. You had an idea, "Dragonair quick take shelter behind one of the stone edges!" you said. Dragonair hid itself from Lycanroc's sight. "Lycanroc stay on alert, use your ears to listen for Dragonair!" Kukui said on the defensive. Lycanroc jumped on top of one of the jagged rocks and listened. If you could time this just right. "Dragonair circle around the rock that Lycanroc is standing on" you said. Dragonair followed your directions. Lycanroc watched in confusion. "Lycanroc destroy the rock your standing on, Accelerock!", Kukui ordered. Lycanroc jumped up and smashed downward into the rock, shattering it into large boulders. Rocks went flying in every direction. You had to think fast before Dragonair got hit by the debris. "Quick use DragonTail to launch the boulders at Lycanroc. Be sure to be aware of the flying rocks around you!" you told it hoping it would work. Dragonair maneuvered its self around and launched multiple boulders at Lycanroc by hitting them with DragonTail. The rocks went hurling towards Lycanroc. "Lycanroc dodge them", Kukui ordered. With its speed, Lycanroc out sped the falling boulders. You sent your Pokemon to pursuer Lycanroc. Lycanroc counter and landed a Crunch on Dragonair's tail. "Hold on tight Lycanroc! Don't let go" Kukui said. The only way to get out of the attack with to hopeful swing Lycanroc off with Outrage or blast it with a HyperBeam. Both of them would leave Dragonair open afterwards. You decided to go with Outrage, it would do more damage and was useful for three attacks. "Dragonair swing Lycanroc off with Outrage and attack!" you said confidence. Dragonair glowed red and was filled with rage. It viciously swung Lycanroc around and sent it flying. Catching up with it using its speed, Dragonair attacked slamming its tail and head-butting Lycanroc. Dragonair felt the fatigue from the attacked. "Lycanroc are you alright?", Kukui asked his Pokemon. Lycanroc struggled to get up, but fell back down. Dragonair was the winning and just it time too. That Outrage sure can do some damage, if you can time it right. You healed up Dragonair with some potions and returned it to its pokeball.