Chapter 20 Ula'ula Meadow Teeter Dance

A\N I kinda feel like this was a short chapter, but I have to add some flair besides saying 'you crossed the route' ya know. Also we have a pretty big infiltrating Po Town chapter coming up,so I want to save the long chapter for that. Maybe I'll add a new team member, during the infiltration too. What do ya'll think? Dratini or Shinx\Luxio?

You and Gladion used the Ride Pager to ride a Lapras across route 15. You each sat on opposite ends of Lapras' back. "You've met Lillie before?" Gladion asked. You stared out into the ocean, "Yea, ever since I became a Pokemon trainer back on MeleMele island" you answered. Everything was quiet for the moment, nothing but the sound of the ocean waves. "Well if you've been with her this whole time ...then thanks for watching over her", he thanked you honestly. It was reassuring to hear he actually cared for Lillie, and acted like an older brother. Lillie was your friend, it's a friend's job to look after each other. "No problem", you smiled "As long as we stick together, we can watch over one another" you told him. He nodded, "I guess having friends does help in the long run" he said. You weren't surprised that he didn't have much experience with having friends but you and Hau showed him that friends were a good thing to have. He was still to himself mostly. Although you could see him slowly opening himself up to you. It was slow progress, but progress nonetheless. "Friends are like family. They're there to help you, be there when you need them and to spend time with in the good or bad times", you explained. He sat there in silence, listening to what you had to say. You were content to have him listen. It was nice. Nobody but you two. Alone. On a Lapras. Out in the ocean. With nobody around. Wink. Wink. Well you could say something, but the butterfrees in your stomach told you to save it for later. You had a Yungoos to save for the children. Romance can wait. Or could it?

Lapras took you to your next destination, the Pokemon center on route 16. You took this opportunity to get any necessary supplies you might need to be able to make through Po Town. Once you felt confident, the next stop was Ula'ula meadow. You've heard some weird things about this meadow, like how it was always covered in a dense fog and rumors of songs that echoed throughout and rendered people unconscious. Some people even got lost and didn't come out, like the fog had taken them or something. You got Swanna-bumps. You had to remember that rumors were rumors, you didn't have to take them seriously. Once you stepped foot into the meadow, your whole demeanor changed. The meadow was indeed beautiful and covered in red flowers. Nothing but a wooden walkway allowed for an easy passage through. But there was a dense fog that made it hard to see anything. You thought about the rumors. You mentally slapped yourself for thinking the rumors were true. So what of the fog, it's just fog. Nothing to worry about....for now ><

The place was eerily quiet, nothing but your footsteps could be heard. You stayed close to Gladion, at a comfortable distance though. You didn't want to lose sight of him in this fog. It did seem darker than usually. Evening must be just around the corner. Great. But as time went on, calls of nocturnal Pokémon could be heard. You could barely make out the outline of Ariados' in the trees and Ribombees fluttering about. It was creepy not seeing them fully, but you knew they meant no harm. You sat on the edge of the bridge, after walking for some time, to take a break. Gladion didn't feel like sitting, so he stood beside you. You looked at the red flowers that were below your feet. You could smell the sweet aroma, it was nice. "Do you think Oricorios live here?" you asked Gladion out of curiosity. He nodded, "I think it's the Baile variant that live here" he told you. Baile? That's the red one that dose a dance similar to salsa. Cool. You hoped you'd get to see one around here.

From out of nowhere, a faint song could be heard. You stood up, "A song? Maybe it's a Pokemon" you said. You wanted to follow the song, it was beautiful and a bit hypnotic. You ran into the meadow of flowers without another word. Gladion chased after you. He tried calling your name, but you couldn't hear him clearly and you kinda ignored it. You were focused on following the song. You ran through the haze, away from the bridge and into the trees. The song got louder as you drew near. Finally you came face to face with an Oricorio, who was entertaining a small crowd of Pokemon. All the Pokemon stopped to look at you. The Oricorio didn't look happy at you interrupting its performance. It fluttered over the crowd of Pokemon and landed it front of you. It raised its wings to prepare a dance. What was it doing? You couldn't help but watch. The red Oricorio danced gracefully and elegantly, but something was wrong. You started to get dizzy all of a sudden. The whole world started to spin. You couldn't take it. You fell down into the flowers and you could barely make out all of the Pokemon running off. You were too dizzy to get up or to move. You saw a black blur run towards you. When it got closer, it turned out to be Gladion. He knelt beside you, looking you over, "What happened?" he asked. "Oricorio...dizzy", you managed to say. You saw him put his hand to his forehead and shake his head, "It must've used Teeter Dance on you. Well it's what you get for running off into the middle of nowhere" he said. Gladion helped you to your feet, although you were still way too dizzy to stand up on your own. It was funny to watch him struggle to keep you on your feet. He was trying so hard. But not like you could do anything to subside the dizziness faster.

By the time you made it out of the meadow, the side effect of the dizziness had finally subsided. You could see clearly again, no fog to worry about anymore. The sky above was cloudy, it looked like it wanted to rain. Neither of you had an umbrella, so you crossed your fingers it would only sprinkle and not pour. Next destination, Po Town and you'd kick any Team Skull butt that stood in your way from saving that Yungoos.