Chapter 27 Double Battle: You and Gladion vs Lusamine and Guzma

A\N Time for the big battle. I hope you enjoy. I also love Lusamine's battle music btw. Next chapter is gonna be special. It may have a certain someone confess (Wink Wink) ;) but not exactly in a normal way.

You and Gladion sent out Mudsdale and Null. Lusamine and Guzma sent out Clefable and Pinsir. The battle was on. You hoped for the best. Perhaps you and Gladion could work together to defeat them. With your Mudsdale being a powerhouse on your team, you were the least bit worried. Though you knew better then to get too cocky. "Mudsdale Stomp that Pinsir!" you ordered. Mudsdale trotted towards Pinsir and landed a stomp. You were happy the hit landed, but why didn't Guzma try to stop your attack? "Clefable use Metronome", Lusamine told it. Clefable wiggled its finger. You knew that it could use any move randomly. Clefable gathered up light and used Dazzling Gleam. Your Mudsdale and Gladion's Null were temporally blinded from the light. Not good. The turn was Guzma's, "Alright Pinsir your turn. Hit Null with all you got, Brick Break!" Guzma said confident. For the time being, Gladion said nothing. He was simply watching and waiting. Pinsir opened its huge pincers and lunged at Null. If that attack hit, Null was going to be in some big trouble. Just before you thought Gladion wasn't going to say anything, he spoke up, "Now Null Aerial Ace!" he said. Null seemed to vanish out of thin air, causing Pinsir to hit the floor. Afterward, Null reappeared and continued its attack. Pinsir was injured but still able to battle. Guzma cursed under his breath for letting Pinsir get hit. So far you and Gladion were in the lead and you hoped to keep it that way. "Clefable repeat!" Lusamine ordered not the least bit worried. Clefable wiggled its finger again. This time it shot out some sort of web like goo at Null, gluing it in place. That must have been String Shot. Gladion looked shocked yet irritated, "Null you have to free yourself" he said. Null tried to pull free, but it was no use. You had to protect Null until it could get out. It was the least you could do, "Mudsdale I want you to stay close to Null" you told it. Gladion glanced at you for a second. You glanced back as if to say 'I got this'. Mudsdale followed orders. Guzma chuckled at your so called strategy, "Like a Cutiefly in an Ariados web. You can't protect Null, even if you had all of your Pokemon out" he taunted. Lusamine seemed to agree with him, "Let's give them an all or nothing attack, shall we? Clefable Moonblast on Null" she said. Clefable gathered power from an imaginary moon. "And you Pinsir help Clefable out, X Scissor!" he said. Not the best team plan but it was going to work. You started to panic a little. Mudsdale was strong but not the fastest when it came to reflexes. If there was one thing, Null and Gladion had suffered enough. "Mudsdale shield Null from the attacks, Iron Defense!" you called. Mudsdale moved its body in front of Null and hardened its body with an Iron Defense. Clefable shot out its Moonblast, hitting Mudsale spot on. Following up, Pinsir attacked with X Scissor. Mudsdale successfully held on to its Iron Defense and took minimum damage from both attacks. You praised it for staying strong, "Good work Mudsdale. Keep it up" you cheered. Lusamine didn't looked so happy that Mudsdale shielded Null. Gladion looked relieved that Mudsdale was able to protect itself, "Null try your best to get out of the web. Mudsdale's got your back" he told Null. Mudsdale whinnied in response, giving Null the encouragement it needed to keep struggling. Lusamine found Gladion's little speech funny, "(Y\N) You can't expect Mudsdale to protect Null all day. It has to fend for itself, you know. But what would I expect from Gladion's Pokemon. Both of them always depending on others" she said tormenting Gladion. Gladion, obviously, didn't like what she said. You knew she was trying to separate you two so you wouldn't work together. "Gladion don't listen to her. She's doing it on purpose. Please let's work together" you offered sincerely. Gladion was angry, but he somehow managed to put it aside for the time being. "Your right" he said while looking at Lusamine. For a second you thought he was agreeing with her. You saw a smile on Lusamine's face, but then it quickly faded. "Your words won't get to me anymore. Those days are over!" Gladion said proudly.