Chapter 29- Poni Poni Here We....I mean, Here I come

A\N I feel nice and refreshed to continue this story some more. I needed that spring break. Now its time to finish this story...which is probably not until maybe another 15 or more chapters honestly and I want to do some post- game one shots too ;) Also I didn't mean to hit ya'll with such a  happy\sad chapter but it makes the feelings grow

When you woke up the next morning, you thought about what happened. It all seemed like a dream. (Oh Kingdom Hearts) Like did Gladion really say what he said, or not? You were 100% sure it happened. There was no doubt in your mind. Even if the memory was foggy. You decided that you should keep it to yourself. Even if it did happen, bringing it up to Gladion, might be very awkward. Especially if it was just a dream. That memory\dream aside,you got out of bed and got ready. Today, you were headed to the next island. You met with Lillie in the kitchen. Well at least she's up. The boys must still be sleeping. Mrs.Wicke was in the middle of making breakfast. "Good morning (Y\N)", Lillie greeted you "I was just about to go get you" she said. You nodded," Well good thing I got up then" you said. Lillie looked around, "I guess my brother and Hau are still sleeping. We better wake them up before they sleep the night away" she suggested. Sounds about right. You were a bit surprised that Gladion was still asleep. He didn't really seem like the sleeping in type. Another person walked into the Kitchen, Hau. He was all smiles, "Good Morning guys" he said all wide awake. One down, one to go. "Is Gladion still asleep?" Lillies asked Hau. He nodded, "I thinks so. But you don't have to go wake him up Lillie. (Y\N) will do it" he told her with the biggest grin. They both looked at you, "Don't I get a say in this?" you asked a bit embarrassed that Hau gave the task to you. Hau shook his head, "Nope. Now go wake him up" he told you pushing you towards the doorway. Lillie apparently didn't know what to make of what just happened, "Are you sure its ok with you (Y\N)? I'll go wake him up instead" she offered. You wanted to protest, but there was no getting out of this with Hau around. "I got this Lillie. No worries. I don't mind" you told her with a nervous smile. Ok maybe you did mind a little. No turning back now.

You walked back down the hall until you stood in front of his room. You hesitated to go in. But you had to get it over with. You quietly opened the door and poke your head inside. Lucky for you, he was still asleep on his bed. You tiptoed your way in and made it next to his bedside. It was a bit weird. Just last night he was standing the same way. At least you think he did, if memory serves correctly. In a way you didn't want to wake him up. He just looked so peaceful and content for once. But you had to do what you had to do. You reluctantly put your hand on his shoulder and shook him lightly. Nothing. You shook him again, a bit harder. Still nothing. Was it just you or was he just a deep sleeper? You poked his cheek a few times. He moved, but still no luck waking him up. You said his name a few times, though that was about as useful as poking him. You thought for a second. If he wasn't waking up now, he probably wouldn't wake up if you kissed him, right? Should you? It wouldn't hurt. He confessed when he thought you were sleeping. Perhaps this could be like your confession. You looked around. No one was watching. It was just the two of you. It's now or never. You gathered some courage. You were gonna kiss him. You hesitated moving closer. But you managed just to get a few inches apart. Until you suddenly had a close up of his bright emerald eyes. You froze up. Ah crap he woke up. >\\\< What's he gonna say? You both looked at each other. This was super embarrassing and awkward. "(Y\N) what are you doing?" he asked you a bit sleepy. You backed up real quick, "I-I came to wake you up" you told him blushing. Lucky for you, he still seemed half asleep. "Oh....Were you the one poking my face?" he asked. Oh dear, he felt that. You nodded, "I didn't want to disturb you too much" you said. He sat up slowly, "Well I'm up. I'll be out in a little bit" he said. Well he seem to buy your answer. Not like you were lying or anything. But you were so close to kissing him. Still flustered, you nodded and got the hell out of dodge. You literally ran down the hallway back into the kitchen, where Hau was patiently waiting for you to return with a smug grin. "What took you so long?" Hau asked. "I wasn't gone for that long Hau" you protested. "Are you sure you two weren't stealing a kiss together?" he asked with a winky face. You shook your head and your cheeks were flushed, "No no no no >\\\<" you answered. Though the only one trying to steal a kiss was you. You could see that Hau was having fun embarrassing you. "Hau leave her alone. You're the one who put them up to it", Lillie told him. He chuckled, "I know, but they didn't say 'No' did she" he said. Note to self: Next time say "NO".

After Gladion finally came out to join you guys, you all sat down to have breakfast. It was nice to sit together again. When that was all said and done. You all got ready to head off to the next island. Mrs.Wicke told you to wait outside for Lillie and Gladion. So that's what you did. It wasn't too long before Lillie came out. She looked different now. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she wore a cute outfit to go with it. She looked at you full of confidence, "I'm calling this my new Z Power. I'm going to save my mother and Nebby" she told you. You smiled, "We'll save them together Lillie. That's what friends are for" you told her. She smiled back, "I know. I don't think I'd be able to do this without you (Y\N)" she said. Gladion and Hau soon came out to join you two. "I be dropping you two off at the next island", Gladion said. You were puzzled, "What about Hau?" you asked. "I gotta go back and finish some things back on Ula'Ula", Hau told you. That's a shame. Wait! What does Gladion mean he's dropping us off?! Is Gladion not going with you and Lillie? You looked at him, "Dropping us off....you're not coming?" you asked with a hint of sadness that you tried to hide. Gladion didn't look at you. That's not a good sign. He shook his head, "I have to stay here and get the Aether Foundation back on its feet. I hope you understand" he told you. You did understand but you didn't think he'd leave again so soon. Especially after confessing. Hau obviously saw something was wrong. He tried to get us off the subject, "Well we don't have all day let's get going you guys. The ocean awaits" he said trying to improve the mood. Lillie also tried to lighten the mood, "Yea come on (Y\N). We'll have lots of fun on Poni Island" she urged you. You felt all sorts of emotions. Sadness and pain. But for Lillie and Hau, you would put them aside. For now at least. You nodded and followed everyone to the boat.

You wish the boat ride there would last forever. But the next island came just as quickly as you left the foundation. You and Lillie hugged Hau goodbye before stepping off the boat. He was a hand full, but that's Hau for ya. Lillie was happy, she looked around at the docks and all the boats around her. You were happy that she changed for the better. You didn't want to bring her down with your emotion, even if you were hurting. "You two be careful, especially out in the caves and such", Gladion told you both. Lillie nodded, "I will. I have (Y\N) with me. We'll be fine. I promise I'll figure thigs out and bring Mother back ok" she said. He nodded. You were still thinking about this whole thing that was about to unfold. You didn't want to accept the fact that this would be the last time you would see him for who knows how long. You wanted so badly to hug him and beg him to stay with you. You wanted to tell him how you felt. Dream or reality, you still loved him. "I'll.....see you two soon....I guess", he managed to say. You looked down at your feet. You couldn't possibly bare to see him walk away. Maybe it was you, but just maybe he didn't want to leave either. The way he just spoke, sounded sad. Why couldn't this be a dream? You choose not to say goodbye or anything. You didn't want to. It would hurt you too much. By the time you looked up, he was gone.