Chapter 34 Freedom

A\N Here's the next chapter finally. This has to be one of my favorites I've written besides Hano Beach and Eevee's evolution. Also that Episode 27 of the anime was sooooo damn good. I can't wait to see more Gladion in future. ^^

"You finally evolved Null...I mean Silvally", he said. The new Pokemon stood proudly before its trainer. The remains of its mask, lied shattered on the ground. You stood up, just what was this Pokemon and why did it have a mask in the first place? The Pokemon acknowledge you, looking you in the eyes. Now seeing its true face, it looked intimidating. But you remembered this was still Null but in its new, stronger form. "I never knew it could evolve" you started. Gladion picks up a shattered piece of Null's mask, "I always knew it could. I just never knew when" he said. "Why was it wearing a mask anyways? It wasn't part of the Pokemon?" you asked, curious. Gladion shook his head, "No the mask was some sort of restraint. I read all the files on Null that I found. Null was created in order to battle the Ultra Beasts, but the scientist didn't get the results they wanted. They failed to bring out its ability. Instead, Null became uncontrollable, so they restrained it with a mask. They deemed it as a failed project. But I never saw Null that way. I knew it was capable of being strong and I wanted to bring that power out. So I stole it. Now, it has finally evolved and without its mask, its true power can be released" Gladion explained sincerely. It was then you could feel the bond between Gladion and Silvally. They both had respect for each other in a way you've never seen. It certainly was different from other trainers.

Lillie made her way from her seat, "I think Silvally can break the wall now. If this is its true from, I'm sure its new power will be able to take it down", she suggested. Silvally was in agreement. It was more confident. And wanted to show its new power. "I won't stop you Silvally. Go ahead", Gladion told it. Silvally stood at the wall and raised its claw. It seemed to glow with a white aura. It struck the wall with a might force, leaving a clear defining scratch mark in its place. It did something, but not enough to knock it down. Lillie looked at the mark, "Maybe Silvally can make an X and if it can hit it with enough force, the wall might break" Lillie observed. You had to admit, it wasn't a bad idea. "I think it's worth a shot", you agreed. Sneasel and Golbat rose from their resting positions, they saw hope in the situation. "Alright. We'll give it one last shot. Silvally if you will", Gladion told it. Silvally nodded, obeying its partner's command and finished the X mark on the stone wall. Gladion looked like he was in thought. What was he thinking about? "Gladion?" Lillie said to get his attention. He didn't answer but you had a feeling it was about Silvally. He finally spoke, "Silvally is a normal type Pokemon which means that attack it did on the wall, was a normal move" he said. Well no sh*t professor. "What are you getting at? Of course it would know normal type moves if it's a normal type Pokemon" you said. He nodded, "I know that. I'm just trying to get my thoughts straight. I think I might know what the scientist were trying to do. They were trying to make Null into a Pokemon that could become all types. The research finally makes sense" he said. How does it makes sense? Ok you didn't read the files and maybe the files had more clues then what you see here. "How does that attack have to do anything with that theory?" you asked completely confused. "The research stated that they tried making Null a multi-type Pokemon. They were going to call it Type: Full. Which I guess means 'full' of the types of Pokemon. But when the whole thing failed,they changed the name to Type:Null since it seemed to nullify what they tried to do. I believe now that Null has evolved that it is finally capable of doing exactly what it was meant to do, change types. I also never seen it do that attack before, so it must be the key" Gladion explained. Gladion makes a good explanation, but I guess it was something you had to see first to understand. Lillie looked just as lost, "It's a start to the puzzle I guess, but how will we change its type?" she asked. Gladion shook his head, "I don't really know how, but I'm sure Silvally know what it's doing" he said. That's true. Only Silvally knows what it can do.