Chapter 18- Haunted Shopping Mart

A\N I couldn't wait to write  this trial. The ideas were too good. But Gladion adds a new Pokemon to his team. I put on some good decent creepy music to help the mood.

The sand on Route 14 had a nice black color to it. You wondered how it became black in the first place. It didn't really matter anyways, but it felt nice and warm. Eevee ran around in the sand, leaving its cute little paw prints behind it. You weren't sure how long Hau would be, so might as well take your time. The beach seemed a little gloomy because of the sand and the abandoned shopping mart that was supposed to be nearby. It was a sight though. While walking down the path, you spotted a weird red feather of some sort sticking out from behind a rock, "What is that?" you asked pointing to it. Gladion looked at it, "A feather?" he questioned. Curious as always, Eevee ran towards the rock and attempted to catch the feather. It moved out of the way. Sniffing the air, Eevee went behind the rock to see what was going on. The odd feather disappeared and a Pokemon jumped out from behind. Eevee came running back around, excited that it found someone to play with. The Pokemon was a Sneasel. Eevee chased Sneasel around you and Gladion. The Sneasel looked like it was having fun. The Pokemon stopped to look at you and choose to mock your standing position. You looked at it, "Are you copying me?" you asked. The Sneasel snickered in response. You knew Sneasel were little tricksters and they loved to get into trouble, "You're not going to cause me any trouble are you?" you asked it. The Sneasel looked at Gladion then back at you and smirked. That wasn't a good sign. You face palmed. Sneasel copied. This Pokemon was going to be a pain. Gladion didn't say anything, but he kept watched. He looked amused. You tried to walk away from Sneasel, but it followed. Eevee didn't seem to object to what Sneasel was doing, it just followed behind Sneasel. You stopped and turned around, "Sneasel!" you raised your voice a bit annoyed with it mimicking you. The Sneasel seemed to laugh at how annoyed you were. You looked at Gladion, who was holding back a chuckle, "Don't encourage it Gladion" you told him. That didn't stop him from finding the situation funny. Alright then. You saw how it was. "Hey Sneasel. Can you copy this?" you asked while fashioning your arms into Gladion's oh so favorite position. Sneasel copied it perfectly. Gladion looked at you, "Are you trying to be funny?" he asked you not finding it amusing. You stuck your tongue out at him, "Not so fun when you're being mocked is it?" you said. He stood there for a second and then smiled. You didn't like that look, "You know what. I'm going to catch Sneasel. I like it. It reminds me of you, so.....sassy" he said. Oh dear. Sneasel was going to literally follow you everywhere and Gladion would get a kick out of it and you weren't sassy. Well at least not all the time. "Don't you dare Gladion", you told him with a serious face. His smirk didn't fade, "Hey Sneasel, wanna join my team? I promise you'll get to spend more time with (Y\N)" he offered. Sneasel looked delighted at the idea. It looked at Gladion and nodded but it wasn't ready to be captured just yet. "Don't worry, I know you want to battle. I'll show you I'm a good trainer first of all" Gladion told it and took out his Pokeball. He called out Null, "I'm ready when you are Sneasel" he said.

You couldn't believe he was serious about this. You knew Sneasel was just playing with you and maybe it was the perfect Pokemon for Gladion. But this meant a lot of more being messed with, if they decided to double team. It was a bit embarrassing. Deep down, you did like it. It showed that he cared. So if he wanted Sneasel, you were ok with it. It did mean a new member to the team after all. You and Eevee watched as Null and Sneasel fought it out. After the battle, Sneasel seemed satisfied with Gladion's skills as a trainer and let itself be caught. Gladion looked happy to have another Pokemon with him. His smile was genuine. He looked cute. He doesn't smile that often, so it was certainly something.

After the battle, you eventually made way to the trial sight and saw that Hau had already finished. "That trial was awesome. I hope you to aren't scaredy Littens",Hau said as we passed him by. What did he mean by that? Ok. It was an abandoned shopping mart, but it can't be that bad. You and Gladion met up with Acerola. She was glad to see you finally made it, "Looks like it's your turn now. Let me explain. This place is filled with ghost type Pokemon and your job is to use your PokeFinder to take a picture of the Totem" she explained. Ghost type, huh? You weren't scared of no ghost. "Well what's the Totem?" you asked. She giggled, "Well that's for you to go in there and find out. Also you should know that the Totem likes to have fun. Maybe if you take pictures of the other ghost, you'll be able to bring it out" she said. This trial can't be that hard. Take some picture of ghost type and then tackle the Totem. You didn't have much experience with Ghost type but they can't be that bad.

You didn't know how the inside was going to look, but it defiantly looked like no one has been here for years. Shopping carts and other things were all over the place. It was dark and kinda cold inside. You were grateful there was enough light to see, but you can't get scared, not this time. You kept Eevee close to you, not that you had to worry. Normal type and ghost Type can't hurt each other. Gladion was quiet as usual, but there was something about it that wasn't right. He didn't seem like his usual self. "You better not try anything while were in here Gladion. I will hurt you", you told him. The look in his eyes was pure mischief, "Can't make any promises" he said. Yup. He was defiantly going try something. Though he's probably trying to mess with you by saying that.

Near the empty cash registers was a tipped over shopping cart. It suddenly started to shake. You jumped a bit from the sudden movement, but you quickly settled down. There must be a ghost around here. You approached the cart and touched it. It stopped. Nothing seemed to happen. There was something nearby. "Behind you", Gladion warned. You looked at him, "I'm not falling for that old trick" you said with sass. He was trying to scare you. Although you did feel an urge to look behind you. It was probably nothing. You turned to continue with your trial and ended up face to face with a Ghastly. You stumbled backwards and flailed your arms about in surprise, "OMG" you said. Gladion walked up beside you with Eevee, "I told you" he said. You calmed down, "Yea yea" you said back. Ghastly looked like it enjoyed giving you a scare. You took out the PokeFinder, "Ok Ghastly you had your fun. Now smile for the camera" you told it. Eevee wanted to be in the picture too, it ran over to Ghastly and stood beside it. It was cute. You took a picture of the two next to each other. That was a keeper. Ghastly enjoyed the picture and then vanished into a nearby wall. That was one picture closer to the Totem.

You looked down multiple isles and so far nothing looked odd, until you saw some floating boxes. You approached with cation, knowing you probably were going to get jump scared. You picked up the boxes and set them on the shelf. Nothing. It's around here somewhere. You saw a Haunter appear behind Gladion, "There it is" you said pointing. Gladion turned its head, but it was gone. "Real scary (Y\N)" he said not believing what you saw. Well of course he wasn't going to buy it, if Haunter kept disappearing. You saw something fly past your head and hit Gladion. He turned back around real quick, "Now you're throwing things" he said. You shook your head, "It wasn't me I swear" you told him. He saw the look on your face. You were telling the truth. "Alright. Then where is the culprit?" he asked. Like you knew. You saw something sticking out of the ground next to Gladion's feet. It looked like the top of Haunter's head. Eevee looked at it and jumped up in excitement. "Did you see something Eevee?" you asked knowing what was going to happen. ;) Gladion looked at Eevee and Haunted popped up from below and stuck it tongue out at him. The surprise on his face, was priceless. He stumbled backwards and into the shelves behind him. He corrected himself upright and his face turned red with embarrassment as if was he ashamed of being surprised. You couldn't help but giggle, "Its ok to be surprised, so don't try denying it" you told him. Haunter nodded to agree with your statement. "I was a little surprised, so what", he said. Being a little surprised doesn't make you jump and run into things, but if he wanted to play macho you weren't going to stop him. You took a pic of Haunter, who was more than willing to pose for the camera, then continued to the next part of the store. The toy section.