Elia

I knew Arkin was my soul mate the moment I saw him at my lunch table.
Tate has anger issues so I can see why having Arkin at my table when he knew what Arkin was to me, pissed him off.
Healers are supposed to be mated with people who need healing. Long ago way before the u.s. was made and stuff like that, seakers would kill avians for their powers.
Each Avian had its own special power and the seakers can harvest it by killing them. Because of this, Healers would be born as an Avian's future mate. That is if a healer is born with that trait. If not than an Avian will just fall in love with someone else. They will be mates if the avian in the couple doesnt reject the healer. I pray Arkin doesnt do that to me.
I can sense it like when I touch him, waves of heat shoot through my body from that spot. Or when he talks I'm drawn to his voice. Dont even get me started about how gorgeous I think he is.
His perfectly chiseled jaw with the right fit for a nose and mouth. His hair was shaved not supper short but short enough around his head to make his bangs slip into his left eye some.
His eyes.
Gorgeous violet swirls that could be vibrant or almost black.  They sucked me into their gaze that almost rendered me speechless everytime he looked at me. Wether he knew it or not.
He knows we are supposed to be together by a prophecy but he doesnt know that we are actually soul mates.
Now all three of us walked to the school bus stop and I prayed that he'd be able to get through the day without his parents messing with him.
My uncle put a stronger healing spell on him so now his wings could fold in all the way. His wings were another thing I liked about him. They were just as gorgeous as his face.  They were pitch black all the way down until it spread out into vibrant silver.
If we are to mate with each other they would grow a patern across the silver part.
"Are you ok?" Arkin's voice suddenly said. I looked up at him and nodded. I looked over at Tate who was walking a good four yards ahead of us. "Are you sure?"
"Im just nervous." He looked at me confused. "For you." I said and he sighed while looking down. He stuffed his hands in the hoodie Tate let him borrow.
"There is nothing i can do about it. If he shows up I have two choices." He said and I nodded.
It was like the fight or flight tactic. He could face the stealer or he could run from him.
We got on the bus and I sat next to him while Tate sat across from us. The moment we got to school we saw Arkin's father leaning against his car. Arkin looked away and Tate stood in between them but he still saw him.
"Arkin!" He yelled and Arkin cursed. The man trudged over to him and grabbed the back of Arkin's neck. "You dirty little bastard!" He yelled pulling Arkin to the car.
Me and Tate followed. He threw Arkin against the side of it and he winced while grabbing his side.
"Do you think it was right to do what you did?" He asked and  his fist met Arkin's side. It was so harsh it sent him to the ground.
I was at his side in seconds and Tate stepped in between us. "Get out if my way kid. He's my son." His father yelled. Arkin propped himself onto his elbos. While holding his side.
"Hey whats going on over here?" A teacher said while coming over.
"Oh..oh nothing.  We.l..uh we were just proving a point to my son Arkin. Who is gonna get up and get in the car now." He said and Arkin was about to do it but I held his shoulders.
"No you dont listen to him anymore. He's not your father remember?" I said.
"Shut your mouth bitch." His father yelled. Arkin went to speak but Tate got to it first.
"Dont talk to my sister like that and leave him alone you abusive son of a bitch!" Tate yelled while shoving him.
"Hey young man watch your mouth and sir I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." The teacher said to Arkin's father. He scoffed.
"I'm not leaving without my son."
"A father doesnt hit their kids." I yelled and he glared at me.
"Sir your son will be home at the end of the school day." The teacher said. Arkin's father scoffed again and got in his car.
"He better be." He said then drove off.
"You three ok?" The teacher asked. We all nodded. Then he walked away.
"I'm not ok." Arkin said. We looked at him confused. Then he moved his hand from his side. The hoody was soaked in blood around his cut line.
"Shit." I said.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

I walked around the house searching for Arkin but I couldnt find him. Tate went to a party and my uncle was at the store. But I still couldnt find him.
When I was done looking in the house I began to get worried. I stepped outside and looked around but still found nothing.
I walked around the house searching the dark for him. A glint of silver caught my eye and I looked at it more closely. I noticed that it was connected to a much larger piece of black. I smiled because I knew it was him.
I saw his thumb slide across the tip of the silver feather a few times before he moved his wing back down.
He was laying with his head towards the house and his wings fully spread out. His injured wing was  bent but it was still spread some. I walked over to him quitely.
His eyes were closed and his hands were on his bare stomach.  I couldnt help but take a moment to admire his perfectly sculpted chest. Especially with all his tattoos.
"You might burn laser holes through me if you stare to long." He said and I jumped a little. I looked up to his face. His eyes were still closed but a smile played on his lips.
I crouched down and scooted towards him some. His eyes opened. "Can I lay here?" I asked pointing to his good side. He opened his arm and I laid down. His hand held my shoulder and I leaned my head on his shoulder.
Waves of heat flashed through me but not in a bad way. 
"What are you doing out here?" I asked.
"Just thinking." He said looking up at the stars.
"About what?" I asked and he sighed.
"When I was little, before my dad had my brothers he would point out stars to me. Like that one." He pointed to the sky and I looked at it. "Thats Venus." He said dropping his hand.
"Do you know any constellations? " I asked and he spoke.
"Well I know the little dipper and the big dipper. Orian's belt. My father calls that one the Serpent." He said while pointing to them. "I dont know if thats what it is. But whatever I don't care if he's right anymore." He said. There was anger in his tone but it wasnt directed at me.
"How do you sit out here with no shirt on when its cold?" I asked and he shrugged. Dispite the warm waves of heat coming from our skin contact it was still really cold.
"I have a higher body temperature than a normal person." He said. "Do you wanna go back inside?" I shook my head.
"No I dont want to make you come in with me." I said and he chuckled.
"Thats the first time I have ever heard some one actually tell me they dont want to make me do something." He said and I pushed my self up onto my hands. The action forced his hand to fall to my waist.
"Thats not funny Arkin. I'm sorry you had to go through that stuff." I said while shaking my head. I felt bad for him because he shouldn't have had to go through that. He sighed and pulled me back down.
I felt soft feathers touch my skin as his wing wrapped around me some. His arm stayed around my waist and his wing felt like a warm blanket.
"Dont apologize for something you didnt do or couldn't help." He said and I couldn't figure out what to say back.
We just laid their in silence listing to the trees rustle with the wind.  I didnt realize I was tracing the tattoos on his chest until my finger ran over a scar.
It reminded me of his stab wound.
He's only got one more day before the poison will spread to his heart because he was unconscious for four days and all I've really had to spend time with him was a day and a half. Once it reaches his heart he's dead. I wish he would let me kiss him. Not only because it would save his life but because I want to.
A car door slammed in the driveway and I leaned foward as my brothers drunk friends began to laugh. I heard Arkin retract his wings.
"What do we have here boys?" One of them said while they walked over to us. We stood up. "Emo here's got himself a girl friend." Drake said. He grabbed my chin and wrapped and arm around my waist. Then faced me towards Arkin.
I tried to pull his arm away but he only laughed. "You should probably tell him about the other night when your brother took me home from the last party."  He said and I pushed him some but he just laughed again.
"Let go of me Drake." I said but he kissed my neck and Arkin stepped foward.
"Oh come on dont you want to tell him about how I had you screaming my name all night?" He said and Arkin's hands balled into fists.
"More like screaming for you to get off me now let go." I said elbowing his side. He pulled back from me and I almost fell back but Arkin grabbed my arm. I stood up straight and crossed my arms as he got up to face me.
Drake grabbed my arm but Arkin's hand wrapped around my waist. Drake glarred behind me at Arkin then let go.
Arkin turned me around and we walked away from the boys his arm still protectivly around my waist.  There were 'ooos' at drake and laughs.
We walked father out towards the pond in the back behind a cluster of trees. There was a dock that sat out over the pond.
He stopped and let go of my waist but I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the dock.
"Do you know how to swim?"  I asked walking to the end of the dock.
"No my father never taught me. I've never been in water besides rain or when showering." He said and I looked at him dumbfounded.
"You getting in there with me." I said and 'tssked' with an amused smile.
"Oh ya?" He said then shook his head. "Ill pass." He said.
"Fine but im getting in so close your eyes and turn around while I take my shirt off." He shook his head, rolled his eyes and covered them with the palms of his hands while turning around.
I slipped my shirt off and my pants. So I was only in my bra and underwear. Then I walked up behind him and shoved him into the water. He yelled a little but it was drounded out by the water.
I jumped in after him. The cold water ingulfed my body and I instantly surfaced. He however didint. I grabbed his hand and put it against a post on the dock.
He pulled himself up above the water and glared at me. I laughed as he took a deep breath.
"I hate you." He said and it only made me laugh harder. I kicked back up a little to keep from going under. "Your gonna kill me. I dont know how to swim Elia."
"Your not gonna die. Just kick your feet. Dont thrash them just little kicks and use your hands like your wings. Here give me your hand." I said and he looked at the post and shook his head.
"Your defeating the purpose of swimming.  I promise I wont let you go under just dont pull on my hand let me pull you." I said and he looked at me then the  post and me again. I touched his hand and he flinched a little. I intertwined my fingers with his and pulled his arm away from the post.
He was supper hesitant about it but eventually I pulled him far enough were he had to let go. "Remember to kick your feet a little and use your other arm like your wings under the water." I said and he did some what as I pulled him closer to me. He was still having trouble but he was keeping his head up.
"Good now make sure your arm and legs are in motion with each other." He did and he came  farther up some. "You can also keep balance without using your hands."  I said while putting the other hand above the water and just kicked my feet.
"How. When I cant even use my hand correctly." He said and I felt his hand move the water. But he was sinking because he couldnt keep them in motion.
"Maybe thats your problem. Your focusing on them both try just moveing your feet." I said and he did but almost went under. His grip on my hand tighted and he kicked his feet hard.
"Arkin calm down dont kick so had just relax." I said but he didnt relax enough. I grabbed his other hand and place them on my waist. Then I put a hand on his stomach and he sucked in a surprised breath. He pulled me down some but I rightened myself.
"Now calm down."  I said and he nodded. I moved my hand from his stomach and grabbed his arms. It must have surprised him because he went down a little and his grip on my waist tightened while pulling me closer some on accident.
"Do you know how to swim like actually swimming not floating?" He asked as he straightened back up.
"I know how to swim from one side to another yes." I said and he almost went under but I pulled him back up. It made me pull him closer. So close that our faces were only inches apart.
I leaned closer but he only leaned in a little then pulled away. He sloppily swam back to the post and held onto it.
"Elia I dont want you to think that you have to kiss me because of my side." He said and I nodded swimming back over to him. He leaned his back against the post and held the top of the dock with his hand.
"I want you to kiss me because you want to. I want to kiss you Arkin." I said leaning my forehead against his. And I wanted to badly. He sucked in a tight breath and grabbed his chest. "Arkin? Are you ok?" I asked and he shook his head. I put my hand on his shoulder. His hand dropped from the dock and he went under.