Arkin

"Look we've been in this car for hours. I'm ready to get the fuck out." Elia said making us all laugh.  After we were at the barn we told Zeke, Travis,  and Caddy goodbye then the old woman and Nattios made us get in a car and leave.

The old woman told me that after she leaves us Nattios and Lusatia will stay with us. Its been about a week and a half since we left and Elia has become a fuckin hormonal pregnant woman.

"Nattios." I said trying to get his attention from the drivers seat.

"Yes your highness?" He said. I had to get used to that coming from both him, the old woman and Lusatia. Nattios

"How far are we from the nearest gas station or rest stop?" I asked and he looked at the time.

"The closest one would be about twenty-five miles." He said.

"By the time we get there it will be night time." I said and the four of us cursed.

"Why do you curse about it?" The old woman asked and we looked at her like she grew another head.

"Because there will be Seakers." I aaid and Elia groaned while rubbing her stomach. She was leaned up against the van wall with her feat over my legs.

Levy and Tate were laying on the floor because there were no other seats. Tate was on his stomach over Levy's chest as he slept while Levy read the book the old lady had. Lusatia sat in back with us while Nattios and the old lady sat up front.

"So you said my father and mother were king and queen?" I asked to none of the three in particular.

"Yes your father was the best king to ever lead." The old lady said and I contemplated that.

"What do you mean was?" I asked and I saw her face soften.

"After the lose of you, your father slowly began to act more and more strange.  To the point where he could no longer lead. Your mother however tried her best to keep everything in order. She, to this day, has lead what was left of our race." She said and my eyes widened.

"So their still alive?" I asked and she smiled widely.

"Yes they are and waiting impatiently to see you." She said and I couldnt keep the smile off my face.

"So what about Sarah?" I asked.

"Sarah is your mothers code name. Thats why she asked for you to be sent to her. Also you act like Seakers will be the end of you have you never faught them before?" She asked and I looked at her confused.

"No I've faught them and everytime they try to kill me." I said and Nattios glanced at her.

"Your highness if I may intervene?" He asked and I nodded as he looked back in the rearview mirror. "Seakers fear our kind thats why they try to kill us when we are little. This may be a personal question but you havent flown yet have you?" He asked and I felt Elia tense.

"Do to all our unlikly circumstances occurring right after each other none stop, along with separation for months on end it really wasnt on our mind due to the constant fear of dieing and everything else labled before that." I said and all three of them tensed. 

"Well you highness Seakers should fear you not them so if we are cobfronted by Seakers understand that they fear you they just think they have power over you because your afraid of them. Your stonger than all of us especially when you get your flight." He said making me look at Elia. What if she doesnt want that though.

"When we make it to the Camp you will be sent to the orphanage.  Dont take this wrong but thats what it's called why you are newly placed at the Camp. No one is to know who you are yet for you at your age are unfit without the ability to fly. If at the camp they know who you are you will be challenged for the throne but as the prophecy states you are to uphold it as the heir.

"Your mother will be there but in the shadows. She hasnt shown her face to her people in years and when she does find you and she will she will take you home. However all of the Avian kids who are chosen to be taken out must participate in a placement trial. Which means if you make it on the leader board then your mother will know who you are. Thats only if you make it in the first five spots. Now the problem is you will be one of few to have the loss of flight against you." She said and I thought about it.

"So I will basicly loss because I cant keep up." I said and she smirked.

"Your the heir to the throne if you dont win without your flight then you have no right to be king. Born with the right or not. Your father went through this as well. Every boy from the royal family does it to establish if they are fit to be leaders. Most of the kids will rely on there wings for support you do not have flight but you can glid if you use you wings do not and I repeat do not let someone see your wings." She said and I sighed.

"Ok so when will this be going on?" I asked.

"A few days after you get there. Of course you will be able to see each other and once your mother is there to get you all four of you will go do to the revolt." She said and I nodded.

"How hard is the course?" I asked.

"It's a hour long course for the average Avian with his or her flight. The fastest time was 10:24 without his flight." She said and I looked at her surprised.

"Who was that?" I asked and she smiled.

"Your father."