Arkin

I laid in my room my adrenaline still pumping from my encounter with Rick. I tried to hold it in but I just couldnt. Now they know what I am and me and Rick want to kill each other. I sighed.
I rolled over and thought about Elia. The. slowly fell asleep with nothing but Elia on my mind.

****

When I got up this morning. I quickly changed and went out. I saw Liam on the couch and walked over to him. He smiled at me and spoke. "So what do you plan on doing today? Are you gonna be normal." I rolled my eyes and sat down. We talked for a while as Rick and his pack walked in. We just stayed talking though.
Then I heard Rick yell at someone. "I'm the Alpha and I say you shut the fuck up and listen." He yelled. We looked over and he grabbed a boy by the front of his jacket and slammed him against the wall.
"Come on Rick leave him alone he's just a boy." One of them said. I noticed it was the boy who told him yesterday that I was the Unidentifiable Energy. There were nods and yesses from the other boys.
"Rick I'm sorry I.." He shoved him again. 
"I dont care if he's a boy. You got  a problem with it." He said grabbing the other boy as well.
"Rick, dood, calm down."  He said and Rick threw him agaisnt the wall as well. I got up and walked over to them. Rick didnt see me though. He continued to yell in the kids faces. I pressed a hand to Ricks chest and he turned. He threw a punch but I caught his fist. Pain shot through my hand and fought the urge to pull away and scream. I caught it wrong so I knew something was broken but I hid it.
His eyes widened. I dropped his hand and he flinched back slightly.
"He doesn't deserve to be treated like that because your to fuckin selfish so you take your anger out on them. If your were top dog you would know that you put people before yourself." I hissed and he scoffed.
"What do you mean 'if I were top dog'?" I looked at him then at the others.
"Rick we're sorry." The boy from yesterday said. He looked at me and put his head down. I put my hands up a little and nodded.
"But Rick if I see you lay another hand on these two because your pissed about me," I said stepping towards him only inches from his face. "I'll do more than just hold you up against the wall." I said and he tensed. The other boys starred at me in shock but they kept quiet.
Then I turned and went back over to Liam. My hand pounded and I rubbed it. I knew it was broken and it hurt like hell.
Then we sat and talked. The boys from the pack would glance at me every so often then say something to another. Rick left to his room.
"Everyone line up!" Jay yelled as he came through the door. Those of us leaving for breakfast lined up. We headed down and got our food from the line. Then sat down.
Elia, Lolo, Liam, and I sat by ourselves. I looked around for Rick but he must not have came to breakfast. So I  leaned foward and rub my fucked up hand. It was black and blue on the inside and yellowish blue on the outside.
Suddenly a boy walked over to me. We all looked at him. "The boys want to know why you havent went to the intensive care block to get that fixed. Not in a mean way." He said and I looked down at my hand.
Lolo leaned forward and whispered in my ear. "It's a sign of respect. The next sign will be that they give you their food and when you walk by they will put their heads down." She whispered almost inaudiblely.
"Tell the boys that I'm fine and thank them but I'm not leaving when he cant keep his hands off anyone." I said and the boy smiled. He nodded then walked away back to the group of boys.
"You really should get that checked." Elia said. I smiled, looked around before kissing her forehead and getting up. I threw my plate away cause I wasnt hungery and went towards the back were the boy who touched Lolo was.
"I notice that you and Lolo like to look at each other." I said and his entire body went ridged. "If my thoughts are correct I'd say you and her are mates?" I said and he looked around then at me. His body stayed tense but his eyes and tone of voice told me the truth.
"Please do not tell Rick. Please I cant let him hurt her again..." He pleaded in a whisper but I cut him off.
"Dont worry I wont tell him. Actually I came over to ask if you wanted to hold her?" He looked at me confused. "You love her don't you?"
"Yes of course I do." He sighed.  I smiled.
"So go and show her that. Im gonna go sit over there and I want you to hold and when Rick walks in kiss her. If he's got a problem with it I'll fuck him up." I said and his eyes widened.
"Wont he go after her?" He asked with fear.
"Nope because you will keep her with you at all times. Even when you go to bed. Rick touches her then I'll hurt him. Make sure the other boys see you so they get the message. If you dont want to do this Im totally fine with that but im just trying to give you guys a chance to be with your mates." I said and he nodded. I patted his shoulder and got up headed back over to my table.
I sat down and listened to Liam tell one of his stories from before he was taken. I saw the boy move and Lolo glanced at him.
"Lolo whats your mates name?" She seemed startled by my question.  But answered anyway.
"Alex? Why?" She asked.
"Do you love him?" I asked and she nodded. "Then trust me." I said as Alex aproached the table. He looked at me and i nodded.
He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and she giggled at him. I saw his body physically relax under her touch and smiled as Liam continued his story. Eventually we were all sucked into it and Alex sat down with Lolo sitting in his lap. Her side rested against his chest and he held her waist.
I looked at the boys and saw some of them look at Alex then over at a table full of girls.  Some glanced with jealousy and others fear.  Then Ricked walked in but Alex just ignored him and nuzzled his head farther into the crook of her neck. I honestly dont think he knew he was in the lunchroom more or less care. I didnt remind him to kiss her either he just did it. Rick growled almost inaudiblely. But I heard it and the boys next to him heard it but Alex just kissed her longer. When he pulled away they whispered to eachother and Rick approached. Now Alex tensed a little.
"Whats going on over here?" He said leaning against the table. We just looked at him. "Hello I asked you a question." He hissed and I laughed I couldn't help it. He glarred at me.
"Im sorry. Sorry." I said waving my hand at him. Then I went serious. "But nothing's going on we are just listening to Liam's wonderful story." I said and he glarred. "Come on guys lets go back to the block." I said and they all got up. Alex held Lolo's hand. They began to head back.
"Oh and Rick. If you hurt either of them I'll kill you." I said quietly while following them. Hopefully he will get over himself.

*****

I headed down to lunch with Liam. We got our food and sat down with Elia and Lolo. My hand still pounded like crazy and i wasnt going to the I.C. when Rick could hurt someone.
We all sat down and began to eat. Liam entertained us again as we ate.
A hand touched my shoulder and Alex nodded down at me. I nodded at him and he sat down next to Lolo whom he kissed on the cheek. Rick and his group walked in.
The boy who tried to help energy boy walked up to me and nodded at Alex who smiled. He looked at me and set his power aid in front of me and sat down at the end of the table. Him and Alex began to speak and I smiled. Alex turned to me.
"Arkin this is Jack he's Ricks brother." Alex said and Jack nodded at me. Everyone introduced themselves as we ate. I gladly drank the power aid cause I didnt have anything else.
I heard Rick yell something and a few boys shook their heads. The three of them got up and went to the back with pissed off expressions. They looked at me and Elia grabbed my bad hand to get my attention. I hissed and she cursed.
"Shit I forgot im sorry." She whispered. I nodded and grabbed my hand.
"Need some help with that mate?" One of the three said as they stood next to me. His voice had a strong Australian accent. "It's the least we can do since you've been keeping Rick from kicking our asses."  He said and I smiled.
"Honestly it would be nice but im not going to the I.C. to get it healed." I said but they only smiled.
"He's half healer. He heal you and we sit?"he asked.
"You can sit if you want to I wont beat you for it." I said and they smiled widely.
The one with an accent and another went to the end of the table. Another boy looked at me and reached down to my hand.
"I want to." He said and I smiled he grabbed my wrist and I held back a groan. The bone poped back into place and the bruising disappeared. The the pain was gone. I flexed it and he pulled away.
"Thank you." I said and he nodded. He sat down next to Liam.  We were the last ones to leave the lunch room and when we got back Rick was back to hiding in his room. I walked by a group of boys and they looked down.
"I told you Arkin." She said pointing to another small group as we passed who dropped their heads as well. "Your the new top dog." She said and I shook my head.
"How do you know?" I asked and we all sat down.
"Watch what happens when Rick walks out they wont show him respect." She said and sure enough an hour later Rick walked out of his room and past a group who glarred at him and he walked to another group who he spoke to. They shook their heads and walked away. They came and sat by me. I saw a few of them look at a group of girls.
"You can go see them now he won't do anything." I said and with in seconds two boys got up and went over to them. One girl I haven't seen before jumped into one of the boys arms and he laughed.
This is what Rick was keeping from them. This is what he was forcing them not to do.
Me and Elia will be taken out of here soon and when we are. I'm gonna show her how much I missed her because I cant do it now.