Arkin

I'm convinced that Tate and Elia are just fake sleeping now but whatever there's nothing wrong with wanting to be carried after running for so long.
Eventually they woke up and walked. We walked again for the whole day. Until we came across a road. A highway to be more specifice.
A semi was pulled over and the back was opened. A man was messing with the lock on it. We all looked at each other. "We cant jump him and we cant get in the back." I said and sighed.
"Our best option is to go and ask." Tate said and I nodded.
"I'll go because it would be suspicious if all four of us walk over there." I said and they nodded. I slowly walked down there and prayed to god this would go in our favour. Just as I got there Tate's voice spoke.

He is gifted with what im unsure but he has a gifted energy.

Ok so maybe this could work. I saw him curse at the lock on the back and he tried to push it in place but it didnt work.
I stopped when I got close enough. He turned a little and jumped.
"Shit kid you nearly gave me a heart attack." He said. He pulled a cigarette out of his mouth and puffed out air.
"Sorry but I couldnt help but notice you having trouble with the lock." I said and he nodded while taking another drag.
"Yes its being a bit of a pain in the ass. I need it fixed or I cant get going." He said and I smiled.
"Well I could help you with it if you help me and my friends in return." I said and he thought about it while taking another drag.
"What do you need?" He asked.
"A ride." I said and his eyebrows raised.
"Alright how do you suppose you'll fix it though?" He asked stepping back. I grabbed the lock used all my strength a pulled it back. The metal popped and set back into place.
He nodded. "Hurry up and get your friends. Theres Seakers following you." He said and fear formed in my gut.

Come on hurry theres Seakers.

I said and within second they ran down to us. He gestured for us to follow and we did. We went to the front of his truck and we all climbed in. He started it up and  pulled out onto the road.
"Were you headed?" He asked.
"We don't have a real destination but east till we hit state line." I said and he nodded.
"I'm Edmond. You?" He asked.

Dont give real names.

Tate said.
"I'm Alex and thats Rick. Emily and Bryan." I said pointing to them. He looked through the rearview mirror.
"Am I really that untrustworthy. Come one you can give me your real names im not gonna throw you out." He said and we looked at each other.
"Arkin. Elia. Tate and Levy." I said pointing each of us and he nodded with a smile.
"Well kids get comfortable its gonna be a long ride." He said and he motioned for me to come closer. "Are you meeting with a woman named Sarah?" I nodded leaning closer.
"How did you know?" I asked and he smiled.
"Your not the first gifted I've taken to her. You will have to go farther than the border. But I will get you four there so just relaxe. There are two beds a bunk and one on the ground. You get some sleep." He said and I smiled.
"Thank you Edmond." I said and he smiled.
I turned back around and stepped back through the curtains. "Shut them so people wont see." Edmond said so I pulled them closed.
"So?" Elia said.
"He's taking us to Sarah." I said and they all smiled. I looked at my watch. "As of right now its 9:30 so I say we go to bed." I said and they nodded. I pulled the top bunck down. "I'll stay up incase of emergencies." I said but they shook their heads.
"You need sleep Arkin. We are in this together so I'll stay up. You sleep." Tate said.
"Are you sure?" I asked and he nodded.
"Yes now shut up and go to sleep." He said and I nodded. I picked Elia up by the waist and set her on the bunk.  She rolled over all the way and I slid up next to her. I heard the boys do the same.
I pulled the blanket over us and Elia curled up into my chest. I sighed heavily and I was out.