Arkin

My chest burned as pain filled it along with my lungs because Elia couldnt pull me up. I couldnt gather my strength either I nust kept sinking till I hit the bottom. I could see the moonlight filter in to the water but I couldnt do anything. My side burned like hell.
Elia looked at me with fear in her eyes. She tried to lift me again by putting her feet on the ground and pushing but nothing worked. Then she grabbed my neck and pressed my lips to hers.
The pain in my chest turned into pressure as the air in my lungs ran out. Elia let go of me and surfaced. The feeling in my body came back and as my head became dizzy I surfaced. I coughed as air filled my lungs. I looked around for Elia but I couldnt find her.
I thought she came to the surface but she must have only let go of me. I went back under and searched the water until her red hair glinted in the moon light. I grabbed her off the bottom but I couldnt kick off the ground with all her dead weight plus my own. I pulled her to my chest extened my wings and kicked off the bottom. I burst through the water and landed on the dock.
I laid her on her back but she wasnt breathing.
I checked her pulse. Her heart was still beating but it was slowing down.
I tilted her head back and opened her mouth. I pinched her nose and breathed into her mouth. I pulled away but she didnt move.
"Come one Elia." I said taking a deep breath and did it again. I pulled away and she coughed as water came up. She took a huge  breath.
"Oh thank God." I said while pulling her to my shoulder and she grabbed my arm. I let my wings retract as laughter filled my ears. I pulled away and looked around. Drake and another boy were walking through the cluster of trees. Right towards us. I looked at Elia. The last thing I wanted was for them to see her in nothing but her underwear and bra. I grabbed her shirt and pants and threw them in the grass.  Then I grabbed her hand we went back to the end of the dock. She slipped in then I did the same. We slid in between the dock posts and we sat as still as possible.
The boys walked above us while cracking jokes and threatening to shove eachother in.
Then their footsteps retreated and they were gone.
Elia threw her head back and laughed and I couldnt help but laugh with her.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

After we'd came home I took a shower and got dressed. Then I headed down to her room.
"Tate you know what happened the last time they stayed the night." Elia's voice said.
"It wont happen this time." Tate said.
"The last time he wasnt even drunk. What do you think he might do when he is?" She asked angrily.
"Look I know you and Arkin kissed. There is a difference in his energy that I detect before there was barely anything there now its more prominent. Ask him to stay in here with you if your that worried Drake might do something." He said but I heard Elia scoff.
"Your joking right? Hes not a watch dog Tate he is my soul mate. Not just through the prophecy you know that. Im not gonna use him like that." She said. But i couldnt get the fact that I was her soul mate out of my head. Why didn't she tell me. I knew what that ment.
So it was true that she wanted me to love her for her not because I am supposed to be her mate.
"Look their staying because I am not driving all the way to Duchvill to take Lui home." Tate said and she sighed.
"Fuck you Tate if one of them touches me I'm gonna ask Arkin to brake your fingers." She said and I suppressed my laughter.
"What makes you think he would do that?" He said and I stepped into the room.
"Because she asked me to." I said and Tate jumped while turning.
Fear grew in his eyes but he nodded then walked out while shutting the door. Elia smiled and plopped down on her bed.
"So how much of that did you hear?" She asked and I smirked.
"Enough." I said walking up to her. I placed my hands on both sides of her bed boxing her in. "So what does this make us? With the whole bond thing or whatever?" I asked and she smiled. She wrappeed her arms around my neck and pulled me closer.
"Thats a good question guess." She said teasingly. I fake thought about it for a moment.
"You could have told me you know. It wouldnt have changed anything." I said and she nodded.
"Thats not a guess." She said and I smiled.
"Your the one calling the shots here young lady." I said and she laughed. Then she pulled her lips to mine. I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. She stood up some and thew me back against the headboard of the bed while straddling my waist.
Never once did she brake the kiss. I bit her bottom lip and she gasped alowing my tongue entrace. She moaned agaisnt my lips and my grip on her waist tightened.
We fought for dominance as she pressed me harder aganst the head board. Her fingers ran through my hair and she pulled part of it hard, on purpose making me groan.
Then the door opened and we pulled apart and she dropped her head onto my chest as her uncle spoke. "Elia I was reading today that..." He said while looking at a book but when he looked up he saw us. "Oh um.. I... well shit." He said and I laughed as Elia shook her head against my chest.
"What do you want uncle?" She said not moving from her spot.
"Well I was gonna tell you something but its clear that your busy." He said and I supressed my laughter.
"Clearly." She said and I laughed again. Her uncle's face broke out into a smile. He turned grabbed the door handle.
"Oh and Elia." He said not turning around.
"Yes uncle." She said her voice full of embarrassment.
"Next time you wish to make out with your mate I suggest you lock the door." He said while locking the door and shuting it. The moment he walked out I started laughing.
Elia glarred at me. She slapped my chest and I coughed on my laughter. "Its not funny Arkin." She hissed. She went to move off me but I held her there.
"Yes it was." I said and she rolled her eyes.
"Maybe for you but for me that was my worst nightmare and you want to laugh at me ab...." I pulled her lips back to mine and the rest of her sentence was gone. I pulled away and spoke.
"Yes it was." I said and slapped my chest again while sliding off me. "Do you want me to stay or go?" I asked and she smiled.
"Do you want to stay?" She asked and I smiled and nodded.
She turned the lamp off by her bed and scooted back up next to me. I wrapped my arm around her and she laid her head on my chest.
After a while of silence I spoke. "Thank you Elia." I said and she shuffled her feet.
"For what?" She asked tapping her fingers on my chest.
"For saving my life and being my girlfriend." I said and she chuckled.
"So thats what we are?" She asked and I smiled.
"If you dont want that then thats fine we can just...."
"Shut up Arkin." She said and I chuckled at her. I kissed her forehead and sighed. Then slowly sleep drained my body till I was out.