Arkin

We sat there for a long time. I don't know when she fell asleep but I didn't care. I loved sitting here holding her. Just having her here in my arms was soothing my anger. It made me smile, it made my heart swell and beet faster. I pulled her closer and sat down completely.

I heard grass crunch behind me then Tate sat down next to me. "Your a dick." He said and I shook my head.

"You not the father of a baby that's not yours." I said laying her down so her head was on my arm and her back laid on my crossed legs. I gently wiped the hair in her face away and slid it behind her ear.

"You didn't have to run off like that and cheating really? Do you really have that bad of trust issues?" He asked.

"I don't know Tate think about it. My entire life I was abuse, forced to get tattoos, neglected, bullied, and unloved. So when some one tells me to relax and that she's sorry. My mind goes haywire. The other night Addy asked if I wanted kids and the first thing I did was think of my father and how I would end up like him. Now this kid is what should be mine with a whole set of fearful things it could do to either of us. I don't know why I ran why I thought she cheated on me maybe because I was scared. Maybe because I didn't want to be afraid of her words. I don't know why I ran off. I'm sorry." I said in shame. It was true though, all of it and even though I've never told anyone some of that stuff it didn't feel good to get it off my chest. It only made me feel like an idiot.

"Ok sorry you just kill me. I think we all kill each other." He said and I nodded in agreement. Silence washed over us and I stroked Elia's soft red hair. He put a hand on my back and patted slightly.

"Your gonna be a good Dad. Even if its half Seaker and you had an abusive father." He said. We were quiet for a moment. "Besides she could lose it. Also we could hopefully get to Sarah before the nine months are up." He said and I shook my head.

"She will only be pregnant for two more months thats why she is already showing.  Seakers and Avians have shorter pregnancies."

"When are you telling her that?" He asked.

"Tommorow because shes already stressed enough as it is." I said and he sighed then got up with another pat on my back and headed back to the barn. There was a loud roar of thunder in the distance and Elia shot up. I wrapped my arms around her and she relaxed.

"Come on a storm is coming in." I said getting up and helping her to her feet. She looped her arm around mine as we walked and leaned her head on my shoulder. We walked into the barn and went back to the spot we had been sleeping in since the first night. We sat down and she curled up into my side. I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes.

*****

"Arkin." Some one said and i opened my eyes. Elia looked down at me. "The womens here." She said and I instantly stood. I grabbed her hand as we walked. We walked out of the barn and into the morning air. A old women stood in front of the half circle everyone has made while looking through an old book. Elia and I filled in next to Tate and Levy. There was boy next to her. He looked to be about 20.

When my eyes locked with his, his eyes glew bright green and I felt mine light up blew. This had me stopping. My tattoos were glowing as well. The boys face was written with shock.

"Arkin whats wrong?" Elia asked but I didnt know what was wrong. She looked to where I was looking and her brow furrowed in confusion.

"Nattios. Is the other Avian here?" The old women asked.

"Yes ma'am. But you will not believe this." He said his eyes never leaving mine.

I saw Tate turn towards me out of the corner of my eye and he spoke. "He's an Avian Arkin. You've never seen another one before have you?"  He asked and I shook my head. "He's found his mate that's why his eyes glow a color."