Elia

I watch from the tree line as Arkin sat with his legs hung over the side of the cliff he sat on.  He's stayed strong for everyone except when i was on the bed. I followed him here after Levy and Tate took Lokiel for a nap. 

I watch as Arkin's wings unfold and splayed out beside him. Their once proud flutter was now a weighted droop.  He brought the tip of it to his fingers and ran them through the feathers. A silver feather plucked itself free and slowly drifted out into the air in front of him. Arkin stared at it as it began to float down. The wind hit it again and it flew down and crashed into the side of the cliff. Mud stuck to it and caused it to fall straight down. Once again Arkin stared at it. His eyes followed it as it dropped straight into the ocean bellow him. Only to be caught against jagged rocks that stuck just far enough to been seen above the surface of the water.

His fists clenched against the stone beneath him and he sucked in a ragged breath. I watched as his breath caught before he held it. His knuckles turned white just as pain flashed through his eyes. Then all his barriers broke and tears spilled from his eyes. His hand came up to press his fist against his chest as if he were physically in pain before a loud choked cry left his lips. He bit the side of his finger on his other hand in an attempt to be quiet but nothing worked as another shaky sob left his lungs.

I felt the mist of my form pull away from the tree line as Arkin's tattoos lit up. The sapphire blue light slowly began to pull from his body and out through his wings. The blue beads of light worked their way into me as i materialized in the air in front of Arkin. Wings made of the blue beads formed behind me as they fluttered in the wind. Arkin's head snapped up and his eyes looked right at mine. 

He gasped and lent forward to grab me but his hand went straight through me and he fell forward off the cliff. I fell with him as he stared at me. "Arkin! No!" I yelled and grabbed onto him. This time it worked but did nothing to stop us from falling.  Arkin's hands wrapped around me and his face buried in my neck. I heard the sound of something snap causing Arkin to shout and we suddenly drifted off a little before crashing into dirt. 

I stumbled off him and rolled away. I snapped back up and watched as Arkin slid up onto his knees and dug his hands and shoes into the wet dirt to get back over to me. His wing was definitely bent the wrong way but he didn't seem to care as he grasped my face in his hands, smearing mud on the sides of my cheeks before he kissed me hard. I could feel something wet against both of my cheeks as his lips molded with mine. He yanked away and ripped my body against him. Once again his face buried in my neck and his hands grabbed onto me tightly. 

I was stunned but reacted by wrapping my arms around him. My fingers wove into his hair and the others dug into his shoulder. Arkin sobbed against me and i felt my heart break. We just continued to hold each other. There were no words, just pure relief to be in each others arms. Arkin went limp in my arms and i gasped pulling him against me. I looked down at his wing and swallowed hard. 

"Arkin... You have to get your wing looked a...."

"No!!" He shouted and i flinched. "Please don't leave me...a...again...." He cried. "Stay..... stay..with.. stay with me.!" He cried and i nodded as he breathed hard in panic. 

"Ok... ok im here." I said and he pressed his body against me, as if we weren't close enough. This may be the last time we ever see each other. Ever hold each other. I pulled back some and brought my lips to his. "I'm here now..." I trailed off into the kiss. 

Unknown POV

Slowly they merged together in a dance only the two lovers could completely understand. Hands caressed skin and cries of pleasure filled the walls of the cavern. Their hearts wove within one another as the young prince's powers gave the healer energy to stay.  Gasps could be heard, undetermined if they were of pleasure or pain. 

The two were unaware that they were being watched. They were unaware of the Prince's wing that had now begun to heal itself. Unaware that their bodies were fully becoming mated. Neither believed that it was truly real just that in that moment they had never felt more alive. The sun rose in the distance as the two burrowed themselves against one another to sleep.  The healer glanced out at the sky before looking back at her mate. 

She spoke something to him and he suddenly tensed. Tears filled his eyes causing her to pull him back against her body. The prince held onto her as she kissed his head and closed her eyes. He didn't sob or burst into tears like before he just let small tears fall down his cheeks slowly. The prince watched as his queen slept in his arms. 

Her soft porcelain face glowed with the sunlight that bounced off it. The blue glow of her wings began to fade and the prince  watched as she slowly began to disappear. His lip quivered and he watched as she opened her eyes and smiled. Her mouth moved in the words 'im still here' before she was gone. The prince closed his eyes and let the tears fall.