Chapter 9

Marco

Elm look scared as hell as he held my hand in front of the hospital. We all had to stand and wait for him to mentally prepare himself to walk inside the white building.

"It's going to be fine I'm not going to leave your side," I said quietly.

"What if they say I have cancer or send me to an asylum," he asked frightened. His hand was getting sweaty in my palm.

"Look at me," I said using my military voice and he obeyed.

"They aren't going to cart you away, they just are going to run a few tests to so exactly what is wrong with you if there is anything wrong physically in the first place, okay," I said.

"Okay," he responded.

"He's ready," I said to his family who I told to stand back when he started to have a panic attack.

"Alright," his Dad said and grabbed his son's free hand and we walked inside the hospital where around a dark-skinned man with a bald head stood waiting.

"Hello Elm it's been a long while I'm so glad to see you again," he said holding his hand out to shake. Elm didn't reach out to touch him.

"Sorry, he's... Anxious," I said.

"Oh that's fine," he looked up at me.

I'm Dr. Nisbalm and you are," he asked. He seemed kind enough.

"Marco, nice to meet you," I said and held my hand out to shake. He shook it with his cold hands and looked at the group.

"I'm going to perform a lot of exams some minor and some major that will take maybe four or five hours. I can only bring two of you back so I suggest those of you not coming to go to the food court or take off for a while," he said.

"Alright, who's going," Elm's Uncle asked from behind us.

"Well I'm going," Elm's Dad said sternly.

"Can Marco come with me," Elm asked his father his voice barely audible. His dad looked at him then back at me and nodded.

"Alright then I love you Elm but I'd like to get out of here. I hate hospitals," Pine said.

"Yeah, we'll go get Elm something to wear and eat. Also, I need to call Thalia and tell her everything is alright. Oh and Cartier wasn't feeling well this morning so I want to make sure she's alright," Alder said holding his hand out. John tossed him his keys and they all walked over and kissed Elm on the cheek before saying they be back in a few hours.

"Who's Thalia and Cartier," Elm asked his father.

"Oh yeah you have a sister in law and a niece," he said pulling us along after the doctor who brought us to a room and told Elm to stand on a black dot on the floor and told me and John to sit down. Elm looked a little nervous but followed the directions the doctor was giving and looked at the lines of letters and tried his best to say what he saw. It turned out he couldn't see that well far away and would need glasses. The doctor then made his way to the scale next and took down his weight height and BMI. We then went into a room that was really quiet and he took his hearing test which came out perfect. We then followed the doctor to the x-ray room where a physician was waiting. Elm had to change into one of the gowns before the test was done which caused him some anxiety but I managed to calm him down from freaking out. Everything was fine in both the X-ray and MRI which surprised me since those kicks looked hard as hell. We were all also happy when the doctor said that Elm had no signs of cancer.