Chapter 42

"Hey Mrs. Olsen," I said running past her while pushing the running stroller with me.

"Goodmorning Elm and company," she said and I could hear the sound of her door slam shut. She was running late for work and obviously in a hurry. I enjoyed taking the boys on my morning runs and letting them get a dose of fresh air. I went from a run and transitioned down into a brisk jogging pace as I turned the corner into the street. The babies were making squealing noises and entertaining themselves with the toys that were attached to their stroller seats. I continued my jogging pace all the way out of the community before stopping at the light quite winded from running. I looked down at the boys and made sure their blankets were still on them since it was a little chilly. Maddox managed to pull his hat off and had it in his mouth. I pried it from his gums and place it back on his head and stood up looking at the signals. I adjusted my oversized hunter green hoodie that hung past my butt covering a good portion of my almost skin tight running pant. The sun was barely up so even with my contacts in I couldn't see too far so waiting for the signals would be just what I'd have to do. I kicked dirt off the bottom of my shoes while waiting for the light to change colors. k

When the light finally signaled that it was appropriate to walk and I took off with the stroller across the intersection into the shopping plaza. A red car looked like it was about to run the red light and I was prepared to freak out if the driver did decide to make the grave mistake and endanger my children's life but it halted to a stop. I crossed over to the other sidewalk and slowed down to a comfortable walking pace. I pushed the stroller along the sidewalk that was filled with storefronts. I decided to go into the Publix which was my least favorite store for obvious reasons and went to the bakery section for a loaf of bread. I then walked to the baby section to pick up some of the all natural apple juice that they all loved to drink down. When I was done getting what I needed I made my way to the cash register where a sweet older lady checked me out. I exited the Publix and walked to the local coffee shop next door. I loved the smell of the place and had developed a caffeine addiction. I ordered myself a White Chocolate Latte and sat down next to the pickup area with the boys.

"Hey aww they are so cute," A white lady whom I didn't know nor trust walked up and touched Ozias on the nose then walked away. I saw red and was about to cause a scene but she left out of the building before I could say something and my name was called. I hated when people touched the children. I didn't know her in the least, she could be a pedophile, have horrible hygiene, be carrying the plague. It was worse then when people would try and touch my hair, I wasn't even the type to be aggressive but when it came to my kids I could be a lion. I walked over to the barista and grabbed my drink, she gave me a sympathetic look as I took it from her and smiled before leaving with the kids. The walk back was slow and filled with me talking to the kids about manners and.

"When you get older if someone puts their hands on you without your permission I want you to hit them, well if it's a woman tell them off. Actually, don't let her beat your ass give her at least three clear warning and strong shove at the most. You three should be the opposite of Daddy okay, I don't want people to run over you like I get run over sometimes and think that it's okay," I said to them and they all looked at me in confusion then went back to their own little world. I crossed back over to the intersection taking my time while drinking my latte all the way to the sidewalk without any trouble. As I was walking I noticed an all black Toyota with super dark tent driving into the neighborhood. The neighborhood I lived in was big so it could have been anyone but something about the speed the car was going made me uncomfortable. I slowly started to pick up the speed in which I was moving making it seem like I was resuming my run. I was soon at a jog making sure I didn't look back at the car that was moving a little bit faster now. I took a turn on a side street that wasn't mine but bent around at the far end to enter the street I lived on. I could hear one of the boys crying but I was too scared to stop. The car didn't make the same turn it kept going forward but that didn't stop me from running all the way home and entering through the back. We kept the back door unlocked which would change in a minute. I pulled the screen door open and got into the house panting and trying to catch my breath while two of the boys was screaming and crying for assistance.