Chapter 22

I ran to the toilet almost tripping on a pair of shoes I had left on the floor and spilled my guts out. I had been throwing up violently for three days. I knew morning sickness sucked for everyone but it was almost unbearable for me. I felt like my body was trying to regurgitate sand everytime I had to run to the bathroom. Suffice to say I was not enjoying my first month of pregnancy and was scared that this would be the norm for the duration. I was experiencing the worst insomnia I had ever had to deal with in my life. I was tired all the time it was like I couldn't get enough sleep no matter how long I lay in bed. I had to eat so much because my metabolism made it hard for me to gain the weight that I needed to and I was always dehydrated despite drinking around a gallon and a half. I went from hating Marco's Dominican ass to becoming a complete baby and not wanting him to leave me due to the mood swings. I was really feeling out of control of my body in ways that reminded me of the way I felt when I was trapped in Trenton.

"You shouldn't be causing me problems yet you're barely a clump of cells, why are you causing Daddy so many problems. We are going to have to figure something out because this is not going to work for me and it's best that you learn now that what I say goes," I spoke to my fetus. I got up and brushed my teeth then walked out to my room and stripped out of my clothes and changed into a pair of sweats and a graphic t-shirt. Walking downstairs I laughed at a stupid joke I thought of when I noticed I didn't have any shoes on.

"Barefoot and pregnant."

"What are you laughing at like that," my dad asked coming in from outside his phone in his hand.

"Nothing," I said walking to the kitchen not wanting to give him any fuel for his corny jokes.

"Yeah right, how are you feeling," he said putting his hand up to my forehead in a concerned manner.

"I'm fine Daddy," I said moving away from his touch.

"Alright just checking, I don't want you to hurt yourself or the baby," he said and sat down on the couch.

"I promise you I'm fine just a little tired, if something was wrong I would tell you, or Marco would tell you," I told him while in between a yawn.

"Elm I need to ask you a favor, you know how you said you wanted me to get back to dating, right," he asked me obviously about to ask a favor.

"Yes I remember," I responded sensing a questioning tone.

"Well how would you feel about meeting her tonight for dinner," he asked me with his head still turned to the television that he had turned on.

"I'd be very happy to meet her," I said honestly. I wanted him to be happy and healthy as much as he wanted the same for me.

"Great because I just invited her over around eight also I need you to do me a favor," he said to me.

"Yeah, sure," I said inquisitively knowing I was about to be put to work.

"Well could you cook dinner for tonight, it will just be the three of us. Pine and Alder already met her but I wanted her to get to know you in a low threat environment," he asked me knowing I would do it. I had always been the type of person to do or give without asking for much in return.

"Sure that's not a problem," I told him. I wanted to stay and talk more but my gut had another idea. I briskly walked upstairs to my room shutting the door and went directly to my bathroom where I threw up again. When I was done I flushed and just sat there waiting for myself to calm down. I was starting to feel that something was off but wasn't sure what exactly was going on. I was so tired all I could do was swish a cap full of mouth wash around in my mouth and walked to my bed. I checked my phone and responded to text from my brothers, Uncle, Thalia, and Marco before setting an alarm for five so I could take a much-needed nap. When my alarm went off I jumped up not feeling much better than I had before I went to sleep. Yawning I  crawled out of my bed and walked downstairs to find myself alone in the house which confused me because I was never left home alone. Then I heard the sound of metal clinking together so I walked to the back deck and saw my dad lifting weights.