Chapter 53

Something in his eyes was eerily familiar his face wasn't like anyone I knew but his eyes were piercing and so familiar that I felt uncomfortable. I immediately got on guard just as his eyes moved to look at me after taking glances at everyone else in the room. They left me as soon as they landed and looked back to Calloway. His jaw clenched while looking at him and I knew he wanted to get up and tend to him but wasn't trying to challenge Marco. He looked at Calloway the same way Marco used to look down at me when he first met. The moment would have been cute if he was maybe five years younger. I was torn between calling the police and having his ass hauled off to jail and my child's apparent happiness. Calloway had never blushed that deeply before or smiled so hard. I knew if I took this guy away from him he would never forgive us. I had a patient whose daughter ran away when they stopped her from seeing her boyfriend and the family was broken ever since. I didn't want that for my family, I worked too hard trying to give them everything I could and the space to grow into their own versions of themselves instead of what I wanted them to be. Even if they were at the moment diverging from the path we had started them on. I looked over to Marco and saw that he was facing a similar internal battle.

"So you've been fucking my son," Marco said hopping straight to the point. I tried to push back the uneasy feeling and be as unbiased as possible which was hard. It was like every molecule in my body was trying to flee from the guy. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably and did a few breathing exercises to calm myself.

"Um," he responded taken aback. Calloway groaned at his father.

"Dad really," Calloway said extremely flustered and wincing from the cuts and bruises that were on his face. I had to look at the ceiling to keep my tears from falling down my face. Seeing him wounded truly made me feel murderous.

"I mean you are so why pretend. Do you know he can get pregnant so if you are fucking my son I hope you used a condom he has a bright future ahead of him if I let him live past this... incident," Marco said looking at Call.

"Yes sir we do use protection," Germany said in a deep voice that was a little gravely. He looked like a thug to me which sadly seemed to be my son's type. I always saw him with a clean cut guy but he always would swoon over the drug dealers with a fade on television.

"You can drop the sir we don't have to pretend were following some sort of civil code. So how old are you again, what do you do for work," Marco asked leaning back in his chair.

"I'm twenty-two and my pops loaned me the money to start a dispensary which really took off and I opened a second location in Venice Beach," he answered.

"So you deal drugs... Legally. 22 is a great age you can drink and should know your limits by then and can pretty much be wild and free. Why not someone I don't know at least 18, and why shouldn't I call the cops on you? My son is fifteen years old and not done growing into becoming an adult," Marco asked with lifted brows.

"Well after I saved him we ended talking for a while and I found that he was more mature than most guys my age could be when they hit forty. I didn't make a move on him though because I didn't want to be a creep. That night he ended up in my bed and I continued to try and push him away until I couldn't. We started an open type of relationship a few months back and recently decided that we both were in love and made the relationship official. If I were you I'd probably been called the cops. But honestly I'd die for your son, he's my everything. He makes me work to be a better man and I like to think that I'm someone he could look to. The last two nights not being able to hear from him had me about to go crazy," Germany said looking at Calloway who lay blushing in the bed.

"What's your dad's name," I blurted out saying what I was thinking.

"Ralph Song has been my father since I was six," he said indicating he was adopted which felt important but I didn't know why.