Chapter 38

I felt amazing leaving our one-month appointment for the boys who were doing outstanding and growing just right. Marco wheeled the stroller to the truck while the boys made noises to themselves. I pulled Calloway's car seat from the buggy snapping the lever releasing him and anchored him to the car seat dock while Marco who had somehow had gotten better than me at putting the boys in their seats did the same. When I was done I got in the car and smiled at Marco who by the end of the day I would be calling my Husband. I could barely reign in my excitement in as we drove down to the house from the doctor's office. We had gotten the marriage license the day after we decided to go to the courthouse and had picked a date, time, and judge.  We made it to the house and I pulled out Calloway who was sleeping from the ride.

"We're going to be late if we don't hurry," Marco said as we got into the house. We both walked up the stairs and brought the boys to the bedroom and placed them on the bed removing their onesies and changing their diapers. The looked that us with bewilderment. Ozias cried whenever I touched his brothers as if to tell me to back off.

"You guys excited about daddies getting married," Marco said to them and they looked at him confused. I laughed at their confused looks and got to work putting their pants on. Marco went to get dressed in his casual attire. We didn't want to make a big thing about it and only planned on going to the cheesecake factory for dinner. It was going to be in the lowest of keys. I dressed the boys in their little cute khaki pants and a blue linen shirt.

I was putting Maddox's last shoe on when Marco came out wearing the exact same thing as the boys. I smiled at him looking good and such.

"I know I look amazing now get dressed," he said rushing me. He hated being late which was not something I really worried about. I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on and stripped. While waiting for the water to get to an appropriate temperature I brushed my teeth and cleaned my ears. When the steam fogged up the window I took that as a sign to jump in the shower. I got in and cleaned my body and face before getting out and drying myself off then lotioning my body. I quickly pulled my briefs up and pulled my socks over my feet enveloping them in the soft cotton fabric. I then grabbed my long blue Mandarin collar linen shirt and my skinny fit khakis and pulled them on. When all my clothes were in place and my hair tousled to perfection I slipped my shoes on and walked out the restroom where Marco was waiting.

"You look amazing Honey," he said which made me blush. I walked over to him and grabbed Ozias out of his hand. They still looked almost identical but I was starting to see more and more different as they grew. Ozias was going to be naturally bulky, he looked more like my Father than I did at his age. Calloway was the smallest and was probably going to look more like us than any of our relatives. Maddox, on the other hand, was going to be tall like Marco since he was already long. I could tell they were going to be tan maybe even darker than the both of us which I was perfectly fine with after all Marco told me that his dad was quite dark. Placing Ozias in his car seat I strapped him up and followed Marco who was making his way done the stairs already. I did my best to keep up as I walked while carrying Ozias to the car where I stored his car seat. I climbed in and Marco didn't waste time pulling off. I kinda wanted to drive and test out my license but Marco was a quicker driver with a better sense of direction so I didn't complain. I checked my phone and saw that everyone was waiting on us which I knew would annoy Marco but he wouldn't say anything. Marco made it to the courthouse at record time and parked in a space near the front. We could see my family minus my Uncle who couldn't make it all wearing blue and khaki. We got the kids and quickly made it to my family where were smiling at us.

"Hey," Thalia said kissing my cheek as we got close. She had her hair out and natural revealing her tight bouncy curls that complimented denim wrap dress that she was wearing. Her look stood out against Alder and Pine who stood next to her in the same outfit that Marco and the boys were wearing. My Dad was standing with Cindy and already had Maddox's car seat in his hand. Cindy was wearing a casual off the shoulder Denim dress with her hair pulled back into a low bun and was smiling at Maddox who was awake. He loved his sleep which was a good thing. It meant that he would grow more than the others.