Chapter 61

Elm

We had spent three weeks in my dad's home since the London sighting. I hated being away from my home, even more, so I hated to feel like I was hiding not that my Fathers home was exactly off the grid.  I couldn't dwell on my discomfort because my children's safety came first, my safety came first because I was growing more of my children. I walked passed Pine's old room where Calloway was staying. He was depressed and it killed me to see how sad he was. He only left the room to eat otherwise he was in there sitting in the dark in silence. I had managed to get the school to let them temporarily take online distance learning courses so that they could be out of harm's way till London was behind bars.

"Elm he's going to be alright," my stepmom said as she passed by me with a sympathetic smile. I smiled back just as my little kickers moved in my tummy causing this weird feeling of butterflies in my abdomen. After letting it pass I knocked on the sealed door waiting for my son to open up.

"He hasn't been out of bed all day mom," Maddox walked up to me and said.

"Oh," I replied. Maddox nodded and walked to Alder's old room where he was staying with his brother who I was sure had spent every night with Beo in Cartier's room. 

When Moddoxwalked away I place m hand on the knowledge of the door and turned it to enter. The first thing I noticed was the darkness. I couldn't see anything in the room it was as if all the light was absorbed by the all-consuming darkness. The next thing I noticed was that he had a heater operating making the room humid. Taking a cautious step like a fawn I made my way into the room.

"Call, are you okay," I called out as I shut the door behind me.

"Go away," he said in a voice heavy with emotion.

"Call... are you okay, I'm worried about you," I said getting emotional myself.

"Please go," he said to me as I felt around for the lamp near where the bed should be desperately wanting to see my son. 

"I'm your dad and I'm never going to leave you when you are hurting. That's my job and I'm going to do it even if you don't like it, "I said finally fighting the switch to turn the light on. When I did I saw that he was balled up in the fetal position. His hair was plastered to his face and his eyes were bloodshot and tears flowing down his face and dried snot near his nose.

"My baby," I said as I crawled over to his side and pulled him into my arms. That seemed to make him cry harder than ever. His body was shaking and his breath continued to catch in his throat. 

"Call we don't know what's going on yet there is no need for you to feel this way," I said while stroking his hair which needed a trim.

"Mommy you know... it can't be a coincidence. I'm such a disappointment," he cried out.

"You're not a disappointment, you're smart and kind, and well adapted. You are handsome and special," I began to say but was cut off.

"I'm late," he said.

"What," I responded confused by what he was saying.

"I'm late, last week I should have been menstruating but I didn't I've never been late so yesterday I snuck out and went and bought some test... they were all positive," he said pulling away from me and then reached in the bedside table drawer and pulled out three pregnancy test. and showed them to me.

"I'm going to be a fifteen-year-old single father," he cried out moving away from me obviously scared of my reaction. I honestly didn't know how to react at the moment other than to see if my child was okay because he was... pregnant possibly. I moved closer to him and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Calloway I don't know what to say right now," I told him and I could see more tears welling up in his eyes.

"But we'll get through this okay," I said to him and kissed his forehead and noticed how cool and clammy his skin was.

"Calloway are you feeling okay," I asked him feeling my heart start beating quickly.

"I don't know," he said.

"CINDY or anybody help me please," I shouted aloud and maneuvered to get him to lay on his back. It didn't take long for Cindy to rush in with the boys behind her.

"What's wrong," she said aloud to me.

"He's pregnant, and somethings wrong, somethings wrong I don't know what's going on with him," I said looking down at Calloway who looked like he was having trouble keeping his eyes open. Ozias walked over to the side of the bed looking fearful and I could hear Maddox on the phone with emergency services.

"Hey Calloway keep your eyes open for me," Cindy said getting close and holding his head up. I was basically useless as I started to cry.

"EMT is on the way, Mom I need DR.Farrah's number," I heard Maddox say but didn't react.

"MOM," Maddox shouted and I snapped awake to pull my phone from my pocket and handed it to Maddox who took it from me.

"Calloway...Calloway," Beo said and I looked down to see him fully unconscious.

"NO," I shouted as the sound of sirens blasted into the background. Ozias moved quickly to tears in his eyes while grabbing his brother and running out the room. I got up and followed him as he made it to the front door. Maddox being close behind opened the door as the ambulance pulled to the sidewalk since the driveway was full.

"Ozias you and your father go in the ambulance, well follow behind. I'll call your dad and Marco," Cindy said as she ran behind me. The EMTs ran to us with a stretcher and grabbed him from Ozias before they began speaking a ton of medical jargon. Before I knew it I was in the back of the van moving quickly to save my child's life.

"Please don't die, "was the only thing I could think to myself.