Chapter 34

Three weeks of not walking had caused me to go stir crazy. Everything was brought to me and I was carried from the bed to the couch in the living room. Thalia had been my most frequent babysitter which was fine because that meant Cartier was coming and I was going to hear good gossip from Thalia who had her ears I'm everything. Nia had even come a few times to share in my pregnancy misery. I had never had a friend before other than Marco so it was nice to have another person to talk to especially one that was far along in their pregnancy. Oscar was even pretty cool, he'd randomly have dinner sent to us through some service since he knew of my troubles. I had told them the truth about how exactly I had gotten pregnant two weeks ago and they seemed pretty cool about it after their initial doubts. Pine was my current babysitter and had spent most of the time getting me food, playing video games or carrying me to a restroom. I had a small meltdown earlier when I wanted to take a nap but couldn't roll over on my stomach which for some reason really made me bawl like a baby. The smallest things could set me off even an ASPCA commercial would have me crying my eyes out. Pine seemed to be the aptest at rolling with my emotions and calling me on my bullshit which I liked and disliked equally.

"I'm not doing this with you, you're either going to eat the fucking taco with tomatoes or not at all," he said handing me the plate. I was craving tacos but forgot to tell him no tomatoes while he was making it and he seemed to have enough of my demands. It was kind of funny seeing him pissed since it happened so infrequently.

"Fine," I said snatching the plate and saw him mentally restrain himself from smacking my jaw loose.

"Kutiya," I called him a bitch in Hindi under my breath. I was feeling a bit bold but not bold enough to say it aloud.

"What was said," Pine asked me looking to me from the other side of the couch. I had the blinds drawn and the curtains pulled so I could watch my National Geographic in the dark as if it was a movie. I loved watching animals do animal things. It was interesting to see them respond to outside factors in a unique way that humans could barely understand.

"Nothing," I responded. I placed my hand on my tummy and rubbed it feeling the kicks of my children. Calloway is the only one who didn't pummel my organs.

"You want to feel," I asked Pine who was looking at me.

"Yeah," he said with a smile that he tried to fight. For some reason, he always hated for people to see him smile and was content to have a resting bitch face. I grabbed his hand and placed it first on Ozias who was doing the ATL stomp on my pelvis and Harlem shaking next to my bladder. Pine laughed at the sensation. I then pulled his hand over to Maddox who was doing the running man. Finally, I took him over to Calloway who was moving his feet at a turtle's pace.

"That's so cool," Pine said to me with childlike wonder in his voice.

"Yeah, it's something," I said taking a bite of my taco and scrunching my face up at the taste of the tomatoes. Pine sat down next to me and borrowed the other half of my blanket making himself comfortable.

"When are you going to have a kid or bring a girlfriend to meet us," I asked him wondering if he was content to die alone.

"Whenever I feel like it," he told me and changed the channel to some show about cars.

"Why do you have to be an asshole all the time," I asked annoyed at him out of nowhere.

"You always have a damn attitude this is why I mind my own business. Anytime I try to be nice people like you stomp on my feelings," I started to go off before he put his hands up.

"I just broke up with someone damn nigga you're doing a lot. I'm going to need you to do a backflip out of your fucking feelings. Who the hell do you think you're talking to. You are eight months pregnant but don't think I won't beat your ass the moment they pop out, don't play with me I'm still your older brother," he said but all I was stuck on is the fact that he just broke up with someone.