Chapter 32

"We need to make some of these plans more concrete Marco," I said as he massaged my "aching" feet. I wasn't in any real pain or discomfort I just wanted to feel his touch after he had been gone all day for work. Thalia was over watching me since I was having cramps and didn't want to agitate it by walking. I ended up reading over her essay helping her find any misspelled words she might have missed. Not that I was much help since I taught myself and my writing wasn't horrible but could get better.

"What do you want to talk about Honey," he asked me looking up from the television that was playing an old episode of House.

"A few things but for starters are these little kickers going to public or private school. My mom had me in pre-pre kindergarten at the age of two and I was wondering if you wanted them to go to that as well," I asked.

"Why the hell do they need pre-pre kindergarten," he asked.

"I learned to read by two and a half and by the time I started kindergarten I was bored because I knew everything. I could multiply, add, subtract, could write in cursive and knew where every country was on the map and it's capital," I stated plainly.

"Oh well, I like that then. I don't plan on raising dumb asses," he said more to my stomach than to me. I gave him an eye but agreed that I wasn't going through all the pains and aches of pregnancy to have underachieving children who lived at home till they were forty.

"So public or private school," I asked.

"Public, I don't want them surrounded by affected white people with vocal fry and trust funds," he said squeezing my feet while he spoke.

"We live in Cupertino baby, all the kids are affected, the only thing in public school here is diversity," I told him.

"Compromise baby, I want them to grow up around different people. Rich, poor, gay, straight, trans, mentally disabled, annoying. The whole nine yards. If they are being left behind because of the conditions then we can talk about private school," he said to me

"Fine," I said holding out my pinky finger. He hooked his with mind and rocked it back and forth.

"Now religion. I'm a little iffy about the whole situation since well...My life but you never talk about it so I want to know where you stand," I stated.

"Well, I want them to be baptized as Catholics. I want them to choose their own religion down the road but they need a jumping off point," he said to me.

"I can live with that. We already have the language stuff down. How about college, "I asked.

"I won't require it for them but I want to start saving in case they want to go," I said.

"Well, they are going to college if I have to kick their asses all the way to campus. They will be sitting in lecture halls with my foot up their asses if that's what it takes. By the way, I don't want them to join the military. I did that so they would be afforded the ability to not have to," he said.

"Well okay, so discipline," I asked.

"I don't want to hit them, I'm used to violence and I don't want them to be used to it," I said.

"That's fine as long as they don't cross a line I'm good with just punishments. Those are worse than getting hit anyways," Marco said while still working my feet with his strong hands. I moaned a little and he smiled.