Chapter 16

"So he really is a pro," I said aloud to myself as Marco left me holding onto the wall of the rink and proceeded to glide around on the slick wood floors spinning on one of the curves and skating his way back towards me. It was early Saturday morning and we were on our first date together. The wait for the day to come was prolonged since he had to stay on base all last night for some reason he couldn't tell me because it had to do with classified information. He made his way over to me with a smug smile on his face and held his hands out which I took quickly so I wouldn't fall. The vibrations from the bass startled me a little and I found myself leaning all the way onto him.

"Show off."

"Come on," he said rolling in front of me. 

"Place your feet shoulder width apart, bend your knees, and squat. Lower your ass toward the ground and lean up a little into a squatting position," He directed and helped me position my body correctly. It felt nice having him touch me so tenderly and treating me gently. He always touched me gently but this time it was different, his hands lingered on my sides and he positioned himself closer. I saw an older couple who looked like they ate food directly out of a can give us odd looks but I wasn't going to let them ruin my moment. Once I was in the correct position he directed me to make my feet perpendicular than told me to move in' a heel-toe pattern and just like that I was scatting. I still had to hold onto Marco's hand because my balance wasn't the best but I was having the time of my life. I felt my phone vibrate and knew it was more than likely my family since I didn't know anyone else.

We skated around for a solid ninety minutes till I could feel the lactic acid build up in my leg muscles that were almost nonexistent. We didn't talk much just laughed and tried our best to sing along to some of the songs that played. That didn't go well for us since we both had horrible singing voiced. Mine was way too high for the low notes and middle notes. Marco's was too deep and he was tone-deaf. When we got tired we both exited the rink and made our way to return the skates and put our shoes on then we walked to his car. He opened the passenger side door for me to enter through and I got in and waited for him to get in and drive away. He drove us to a brown building and parked in front of Rubio's a beach themed restaurant. We were seated in a booth around people and ordered lemonade's not knowing what we wanted to eat.

"Did you like skating," he asked taking a sip from his lemonade. He had a smile on his face that was just... Mesmerizing.

"Yeah it was fine, my legs hurt but it was worth it," I responded with a smile. There was a moment of us just looking at one another before we were interrupted by the waiter a light-skinned guy with curly hair who stared at me a little longer than needed.

"What can I get you," he said looking directly at me. I hadn't even looked at the menu so I quickly looked through it. The waiter kept looking at me which made me uncomfortable. I hated being stared at since sometimes people recognized who I was and would try to talk to me.

"Well have two coastal trio's," Marco said aggressively. I had a feeling something unspoken was going on between the two men.

"Oh okay, you sure," he asked me.

"Yeah I'm sure," confused as to why he was asking me that.

"Alright," he said walking away but not before winking then it dawned on me.

"Was he flirting with me," I asked astounded and flattered at the same time.

"Yeah," Marco answered obviously irritated with the entire situation.

"Are you mad at me I didn't even know what he was doing, I haven't had someone flirt with me ever. Every person who wanted me didn't really have to goad me into it," I asked concerned.