Four : Getting along.

It was now 2 in the afternoon and Zain and I had done some clean up together especially in the living room because apparently when Zain slept, he kicked all of the cushions that was on the couch. And also, Zain's under table was filled with magazines and they were unorganized at all.

Afterwards, Zain went to shower while he requested for me to bake my famous blueberry muffins for his friends. If you didn't already know, blueberries were my favourite. Those times back then in Vienna, I would always send Zain pictures of the things that I baked and I'm glad he remembered my go to blueberry cupcakes.

I went to work on the batter and then put in loads of blueberries into it. I was just about to pour the batter into the cupcakes tin (which Zain had in handy) when he came out, already looking cleaner and fresher and of course handsomer. He was dressed in some shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt. I wondered why he was always in long-sleeved tee even when he was sleeping. It was May and the weather was starting to get pretty warm.

"You're done?" He asked, sounding surprise.

"Yeah. I'm just gonna pour this into the cupcakes liners and then pop it into the oven and bake. You wanna help me?"

Zain nodded enthusiastically and I taught him how many scoops of batter per cups and for first timers, Zain did a pretty good job except for the little mess that was around the tray.

"Are we just gonna serve your friends cupcakes?" I asked while we were sitting on the sofa, shoulder to shoulder.

"Sweetheart, they're my friends and they treat my house like their own so we don't really have to serve them like guests," Zain informed, smiling and touching my cheek which I didn't mind. I nodded a few times, telling Zain that I got what he meant.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"You already did," Zain smirked.

"Another one," I stated.

"Of course. You didn't even have to ask," Zain said and touched my cheek again.

"Why are you wearing long sleeved all the time? Isn't it like quite warm right now?" I knew it wasn't a very necessary question but I just wanted to know. I was getting curious.

"Well... it's comfortable," Zain answered and I could tell that he was hesitating with his answers.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah..."

"I may not have known you long," I started, "But I just got a feeling that you're kinda lying to me and... hiding something from me."

Zain didn't answer and I took that as a sign that he wasn't going to be telling me anything. I wouldn't push him though. I'd prefer for him to be comfortable with me and only tell me when he's ready to.

"It's okay," I said, "Forget about what I said."