Eight : Excuses...

I didn't think I wanted to stay alone and dwell.

So I kept the photo frames as they were and proceeded with my plans. Zain sure had his reasons and I of course, being a good girlfriend would have to let him explain himself even though it was hurting me. Right?

I walked around the entire street and back. It was about 5 in the afternoon now but I didn't want to go home. I was a little hungry because I didn't have lunch but I wasn't going to spend my cash on food. They were better for other uses like emergencies.

A couple walked past me, arm linking with each other and laughing and smiling as they left a bakery. I wished it was Zain and Me. I wished Zain and I didn't meet through online. I wished we would have started a relationship in a real person. Like that... things wouldn't be so complicated now.

Watching the couple moved away, I was interrupted with a very sweet and beautiful aroma. I realized that they came from the bakery that the couple just left from. I walked further front and looked up at the signage of the bakery.

Bakery Story.

Cool name, I thought. I peeked inside through the glass doors and saw a couple of people queuing up to buy what I saw, cakes and cupcakes. The workers in there was in baby pink Polo-T with black cap. And another thing that caught my eyes was the small little note at the entrance of the door.

We're Hiring!

I didn't wait any further and opened the door and walked in. The cafe seemed so amazing that I was getting curious. I have always had something for baking and who knows this might be my first step to learn more about them?

"Hi," I said approaching a petite guy who was wiping the tables. I knew he was one of the staff from what he was wearing and he couldn't be any older than 16.

"Hi, can I help you?" He asked politely, flashing me a smile.

"Uhm, I see that this cafe is hiring and I'd like to take up that position. Who am I supposed to see?"

"Oh, that. How about you have a seat while I call the owner?" the guy suggested. I nodded and he left to I guess the office to get the owner. I was slightly nervous and I would always feel like this whenever I applied for job.

"Hi, are you the one?" A woman, aged in her thirties or so approached and immediately took a seat opposite me. She looked tired that the bags under her eyes were very obvious from near but not from far because her red hair took most of the attention.

"My name is September," she said, "Cool right?"

I laughed and nodded slightly. Of course it was cool that her name was September. I had never known anyone with that name or November or December.

"So my nephew said you wanted to apply for job?" September asked.

"Yeah. I saw the note outside and thought I'd love to be working here," I told her, smiling.

"You seemed so interested," September said, "And that was also what my nephew told me."

"Oh. Uhm I, I really love baking and looking at the cakes and cupcakes here makes me already love this cafe," I said, lying a little bit.

"Aha! You're hired!" September told me, right away.

"What?"

"You're hired. When do you want to start working?" September confirmed. I was hired, just like that? Don't they need to see my identification card or passports or whatsoever? She didn't even know my name. But I got the job, so I needn't worry anymore.