Fourteen : Please forgive me.

Zain eventually unlocked the door to his apartment. He opened the door for me and I entered right away, like it was my house. I went straight into the guest room, knowing it was where my bag of clothes was. But to my surprise, there was something else in there.

I got back out to clarify with Zain, just in time for him to come towards me. He probably already knew what I was gonna ask because he explained.

"Because Perrie thought I had ordered the bed, she said it was taking too long and she pitied you for having to sleep in the living room. So she had an immediate order delivery last night, for you."

"For me," I scoffed and then put on a sarcastic smile. "Thanks," I said, not sincere at all and slammed the door. I locked the door and started pulling my hair.

I didn't want living like this. I didn't want this kind of relationship.

Changing into something comfortable, I brought down the blanket and pillows that didn't come with the bed and spread it on the floor. I didn't want to sleep on the bed knowing that Perrie got it for me because she pitied me. I didn't need any sympathy.

I woke up the next day and managed to take a quick shower - then get dressed. To my surprise when I left the guest room, Zain was setting out the table for breakfast.

"Baby, I prepared breakfast for us," Zain started, friendly but I didn't appreciate it because he acted like nothing was happening between us. I glanced at the table. There were pancakes (some looked burnt while other looked a little too white for my liking) and scrambled eggs. There were orange juice and milk cartons for me to choose from. But I didn't want any.

Glancing at Zain one more time who was waiting for me to acknowledge him and sit down in front of the food, I walked towards the door and left for work.

* * *

It continues for almost every day whereby Zain would try talking to me and I ignored. When I got back home from work, Zain wouldn't be home and I would use the opportunity of sleeping early to avoid seeing him once he got back home.

It lasted like that for a few more days until both of us had the same off day. I've been working at the cafe for a week now and I've received my weekly allowance along with my off day. There was no way for me to stay in the room forever. I need to use the bathroom, water, and food and milo powder.

At 1 in the afternoon, I decided I badly need to pee and sadly there wasn't any bathroom in the guest room. So I unlocked my door and walked quickly towards the kitchen only to collide with Zain who was about to enter the hallway to his room.

I moved out of the way quickly but Zain held a grip on my upper arm. "Hey, I wanna talk to you," he said rather politely.

"I need the bathroom," I said and wanted to move again only for Zain to tightened his grip.

"Please," Zain said, "I badly wanna talk to you. I've missed you."

"Can't that wait?" I scoffed. "I need the bathroom."

"Baby, please stop running away from me. I'm sor-"

"Zain, listen! I need to use the bathroom and I'll meet you in the living room once I'm done. Do you understand me?" I said in almost one breath and wiggled my hand out of Zain's grip. I ran to the bathroom and only left when I felt relieved.

"Sorry, I didn't know you need the bathroom urgently," Zain stated the moment he saw coming out of the kitchen. He stood up from the couch and gave me a smile.

"Well obviously you didn't hear me," I said sarcastically. "You said you wanted to talk."

"Yeah. Hmm, can we sit down?"