1

The girl is terrified that much is sure. She fights the cuffs that hold her to her spot. Handcuffed to a headstone shaped like a post, the location for the human sacrifice. The virgin human sacrifice. He smiles to himself. It has been ages since any human had given him a sacrifice. She might not be much to look at but at least she fits the criteria, she's a virgin. How they found one nowadays is beyond him. Especially one that is as old as she is, he'd guess that's she's in her early twenties, likely a student at the local university.

The frat house across the cemetery, the frat boys are the likely reason he has a sacrifice once more. As he walks closer to the human chained to the post she fights even harder as he had expected, but what he doesn't expect is the hatred in her eyes. Fear, anger, hopelessness yes, but not hatred. She is gagged or he had no doubt that she'd be spitting obscenities at him, that's when he smells it, the blood.

He feels his eyes darken, they didn't follow the rules. The virgin is to remain unmarked by anyone. Now that he knows to look for it he sees the darkening bruises on her arms and from her movements can tell that her ribs hurt her as well. He sees a knot forming on her head and blood drying on her face from whatever gave her the knot.

The closer he comes the less she fights, not because she's given up, no he can see the fire in her eyes and it speaks to him. As he goes to touch her face she can't hide the flinch and it makes him angry.

 He removes the gag from her mouth. "You must not scream, not that anyone else will hear you. Do you understand?" It has been long since he's had to use the human tongue, he hopes that she understands what he's saying.

"Stay away from me you bastard. You're just like the rest of them," The girl even has the audacity to spit at him. It lacks the strength to actually hit him but the sentiment has been given.

He rears back at her charge, "I? the same as them?" He is astounded and affronted. To be categorized as a filthy human, perhaps he's spent too much time here.

"You're just a pretty boy just like those assholes that did this to me," The anger and vitriol have kept her going but the blood loss takes it's toll and she falls unconscious at his feet. Or it would be his feet if her bound hands didn't keep her upright.

"I don't have healing ability, spitfire. There will be questions, questions I won't be able to answer. I hope that you can," The man breaks the chains that hold her cuffed hands to the post with ease then he leans down and lifts up his prize, his gift. A gift that will now need to go to the hospital before he can figure out what to do with it.

As he expected as soon as he walked in carrying the unconscious girl the questions started. "I found her in the cemetery out on Lake View Dr. I was taking a short cut home. I live on just the other side of the cemetery. I saw her just like this chained to a headstone that looks like a post. No, I have no idea who did it or why. She was conscious when I first found her but other than say that I'm just like them, I'm guessing the ones that did this to her, she didn't say anything. If I had to guess, I'd say it was the frat boys that live in the frat house on the other side of the cemetery."

"My name? Jeremy Lewis. Yes, that's the house, I just recently moved there. My uncle left it to me in his will." Actually that was a lie, his uncle was an alias that he just killed.  He needed to be able to move around here and his uncle had lived there for too long to be as young as he is.

The doctors, nurses and even the police all politely try to get him to leave, but there is no way in hell he's leaving his gift behind. He wonders what her name is. He wonders how long he'll let her live. It has been long since he's had a gift given, but they broke the rules and now they must pay.

In the normal order of things the giver of the gift would come back the next day to see if the gift was accepted. If it was then they would ask for their boon. If it wasn't, they would either let the gift go free or kill it themselves. In this case Jeremy has no doubt they intended to kill her if he hadn't of accepted her. She knew too much and would have gone to the police, just like he made sure of. But he's not going to wait for the police to get involved.

He goes back to the cemetery and picks up the trail. The girl's scent is easy to find, the smell of the ones that gifted her not so easy, but he'd smelled their scent from where they beat her. He was right it leads straight to the frat house.

Jeremy smiles, but it isn't a nice smile. He's been to many a frat party, some he was even invited to, but this time the party will be him having his revenge.

Getting inside the frat house was far too easy, almost like they wanted him to enter. This makes him leery and far more cautious than he had originally been. What he finds is a bunch of frat boys high and drunk, too out of it to even move out of his way.

Jeremy smiles, this will be easy. And it will make eating less pleasant. His smile turns sour, he doesn't like the flavor of the additives from the dope and alcohol, but the flavor of the souls should make up for it. At least he hopes so.

He chooses his first victim. He gives him a few punches to match the ones found on the girl. It wakes his victim up and he allows him to see the truth, his true form. The terror it causes makes the boy scream waking the others. Their terror upon seeing him makes Jeremy smile. Perhaps this won't be so bad after all. It would be better if they themselves were virgins but he can't expect to have everything now can he? Jeremy gets to work and by the time he's done there are several corpses at his feet and he's far more satisfied than he's been since his last gift nearly a century earlier.

Once he's finished, "Thank you boys most satisfying and by the way your gift is accepted." And with that he leaves the carnage behind.