40

"Oh this is disappointing," Jim says as they walk out of the portal. Not even one body was there either in wait or dying or dead.

Jeremy looks over at him, "Do you and this Quintrell play together often?"

Jim has his own wicked smile in place, "Oh no. The King wouldn't let us play. He says too many of his subjects end up dead when we play. But this latest insurrection, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's behind it. The whole incident behind the succubi, sounds like him, the coward that he is."

Jim whispers a spell and releases it. Jim smiles, Verruca sniffs and lets out her own spell, as does Leann.

"We've found the succubi, Lance," Leann says softly. 

"Yeah, that's where all our precious fighters are as well." Verruca reports her mouth tight and angry. "They tried to use the succubi as shields against our spell."

"Did it hurt the succubi?" Lance demands.

"NO, calm down Lance. After Jeremy added his part to the spell I realized it was a good thing to have. The spell is modified to only hurt those that are in the insurrection and our enemies." Leann says trying to calm down her enraged demon.

"You don't understand Leann..."

"Oh, I understand perfectly Lance. Perhaps there is a pretty little succubi you'd like to bring home? I can still move back to my original room you gave me. After all you can marry a succubi." Leann is not only angry she is hurt. "I'm just your bond mate."

"You know you're more than that for me." Lance whispers so only she can hear and holds her tight to him.

"No, I don't know that Lance. Even when I was kidnapped from your side for days, you didn't react like this." Leann pushes away from the demon that looks at her wide eyed and pained.

Jeremy decides to take the time to send his own spell out. Jim does the same and lastly Lance does too.

"Well, well, well, look at who decided to come play?" Quintrell announces as the group enters the area where the succubi are being held.

"Lookee here guys, it's the coward that hides behind the succubi! He actually has the guts to show his face," Jim shouts out the first part to make Quintrell angry. No demon likes being called a coward. 

The insult did make Quintrell angry but it also makes the other remaining demons look at him askance. They realize now that the actions do show that of a coward and step away from the succubi.

The others step back as Quintrell roars in anger and charges towards Jim. Jim waits until the last second and gets his sword out. It extends as he steps out of Quintrell's way. Jim holds it at the angle to do the most damage and Quintrell's rushing him ends up him slicing his own torso nearly in half on Jim's sword.

Quintrell looks at his wound in disbelief, "You always were a hot headed idiot Quintrell. Now you'll be a hot headed, dead, idiot." Jim pushes the big demon on the shoulder and the torso breaks off the rest of his body.

Lance looks over at the other demons, "Let the succubi go. If you weren't hurt by the spells then we have no quarrel with you."

The demons let the succubi go and they run over to the five waiting across the way. Lance opens the portal and the females run through many of them crying in relief.

A portal opens near the group just as the last succubi goes through and Lance lets it close and turns to face the newest threat.

"Lance, Jim, Jeremy, Ladies." The king acknowledges each person before him.