5

Jeremy comes back the next day, even more morose and depressed than he had been the night before. He gives Rose another change of clothes he'd bought for her and waits patiently for her to change. There is no more of the impatient waiting that he'd had the day before, everything has changed.

"Jeremy what kind of demon are you?" Rose asks him after she showers and changes into her new clothes. 

"We don't really have a special name like the incubi do. I'm just a second level demon. And although normally that would mean Lance and Jim would be weaker than me, I'm young and they are incredibly old and far stronger than I am." Jeremy explains without even looking up from his study of the floor.

Rose goes over to him and raises his head, "Why on Earth are you here? Why aren't you in a nice cosey demon hut on the second level then?"

"I said something to the King of Hell that got me banished to here. I don't have a loving sibling like Jim does to ameliorate the king's punishment. My siblings were all to happy to see me punished. And after tonight..." Jeremy trails off and starts thinking unhappy thoughts once more.

"Rose, the King will give you my life if you ask to keep the treaty in place, you know that right?" Jeremy says suddenly. Perhaps Rose will be his salvation after all.

Rose looks over at him all confused, "Why would I want your life? I have a hard enough time dealing with my own life."

"Oh, well I thought, if you asked to be bonded to me then maybe I wouldn't be killed. But that's alright, maybe you just asking for the treaty to not be broken will be enough. I don't know, I just know that since things have heated up with Lance and Jim that the king and the other judges aren't so lenient as they once were. But I don't want to cause you more trouble than I already have. It was nice having you as my gift for that short while though."

Rose sits up in the bed and looks at him curious, "What were you going to do with me Jeremy?"

Jeremy shrugs, "I hadn't decided yet. I do know I wasn't going to change your status of virgin yet. Mostly though, I'm lonely and just wanted company. That house is big and echoes with just me in it. I'm still learning how to control myself when I eat so I don't kill my victim. I think it's easier for Lance and Jim, just eating sexual energies might be hard but trying to eat other energies without taking a soul is even more difficult. I wish I could live off of sexual energies."

Jeremy takes her back to his house and gives her a dress to change into for the court appearance. It will be held in his back yard. This time Leann and Lance are also attending and Jeremy isn't sure if that is a good thing or not. Leann's little baby always makes him feel uncomfortable. Although it is funny to see how the baby has one of the most powerful demons of the underworld twisted around it's finger.

"Relax, Jeremy, I'm sure everything will be okay," Leann says seeing how nervous Jeremy is.

"You don't understand Leann, she was given to me by humans. I didn't know she was a witch."

"Lance didn't know I was one either. Well neither did I.  Don't worry about it. I'll make sure things go smoothly okay?"Leann likes the soft spoken demon. For a demon Jeremy is very introverted and solitary. Even Lance likes him and Lance doesn't like many people, whichever race they might be.

"Court is convened. We are gathered tonight by Jeremy's request. Jeremy is a demon currently serving a term of banishment here for some stupidities. Jeremy why don't you tell the court why you asked us here?" The King of Hell says more than a little waspishly. He's not a fan of Jeremy.